Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
are there dvd's about pontoon fishing

hi Guys
i am new over here
compliment to the forum i fount it today and having fun whit it

first let me introduce myself
my name is johan and i am from the netherlands
i only do flyfishing, if you take a look at my site you see a lot more about flyfishing in the netherlands it is in dutch but whit a lot of pictures
her is the link [url "http://members.chello.nl/j.put2/"]http://members.chello.nl/j.put2/[/url]

i own a odc super sport pontoon
and over here is very less information on pontoon fishing
does any one off you know if there are dvd's about pontoon fishing and where i can order them

we don't have running rivers here only lakes and the sea
so you might have also a few tips for me

tight lines johan
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hi Johan. Welcome to BFT and to our float tubing forum. For the benefit of the other members, here is a picture of the new Creek Company ODC Super Sport you have:[/#0000ff]
[url "http://www.creekcompany.com/products/858-a-lr.jpg"][Image: 858-a.jpg][/url]

[#0000ff]I researched Creek Company, and they do not offer any Videos. In fact, I do not know of any source for videos other than on general fishing. One good source is [url "http://www.riverwire.com/cgi-bin/category/1148"]Riverwire [/url](link) where they sell a lot of tubes and pontoons to members.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There is one place where you can watch some video clips online at [url "http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/"]DAVE SCADDEN[/url] pontoons. He has some clips on his stuff. I also have a DVD that he was handing out at a sports show a while back, but it is mostly promotional and not instructional.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are a few books available on float tubing, but not too much on pontooning. I have been writing a book on "floatation fishing" for almost 30 years now, and I may just get it into print someday. I am also getting into pontoons after over 40 years of tubing, and I will likely include a lot on the newer sport...when I get around to it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sorry I can't help you more. I enjoyed going through your website. It is obvious that you are a dedicated and accomplished fly tyer and fly fisherman. I'm sure that fishing from your new craft will add some new dimensions to your fishing enjoyment.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Halo Johan, onthall aan deze internet site.

Ik genoot van uw internet site.

Ik heb uitgebreid in Europa gereist en ik heb Nederland bij vele gelegenheden bezocht.

Ik heb het geen nederlands in een lange tijd gesproken en ik me herinner niet zeer meer.

Uw Engels is beter dan mijn Nederlands, zo gelieve het Engels te antwoorden - ik ken slechts eenvoudige worden.

Ik ben aan Amsterdam en enkele landkant geweest.

Waar bent u van ?

P.S. I hope you could understand what I tried to write - it has been a very long time.

Also, if you have any specific questions about pontoon flyfishing, feel free to ask me - I have one and I fish from my pontoon quite often.

Well good luck, and, again, welcome to the board !
[signature]
Hello Johan,

Nice to meet here, I have a Video from Gary La Fontaine that has a part on float tubing on it, when you're here next time have a look or just borrow it a week orso.

CU, Gerald.
[signature]
hi Tube dude (great name)
thanx for the compliments on my site
and thanx for looking in youre database on the subject
is the dvd you have worth it watching it or is it one big commurcial
whir some pics of youre site i did a little modification on my boat and made a rod holder when i have time i will post some pics of it
i am looking forward to the first trip whit the pontoon it will be friday we go at sea for seabass
i think i spent o lot of time on this site

@ fishhound
youre dutch is great where did you learnd it ?
i am from Apeldoorn thats in the center of holland

@ pikefly
you did a great job on the pontoon we are verry happy whit it
talk to you soon and i like to borrow the dvd

johan
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good luck on your "maiden voyage". I usually recommend that someone goes out without all of their tackle first, to get the feel of their craft and how it handles.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you will send me a "Private Message", with your mailing address, I will be happy to mail you that DVD. I got it from a fellow BFT member in Utah, who picked it up at a local Sports Show. I have watched it a couple of times and have nothing further to learn from it. When I offered to return it to the person who let me watch it, he said to pass it on to someone else who might like to see it. So I will.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It is not so much a commercial as a lot of footage of Dave Scadden just using his different models on both running rivers and in lakes. I am sure you will find it interesting, even if it does not help make you a better fisherman.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]To send a private message, click on the name of the person to whom you want to send it. That will display their personal profile. At the bottom right is a panel for "Send a Private Message". If you click on that, you will have a screen to write the message and then click on send when you are through.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We look forward to your pictures.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Ik will een hartelijk welkom geven voor uw bezoek aan BFT. Ik wohnde in Apeldoorn voor 3 maanden in 1985. (een lange tijd geleden.) Uw gedeelte van Nederland is de mooiste gedeelte volgens mij. Toen Ik in het land was, Ik dacht dat vissen daar betekent alleen voorns en karpers. maar in Apeldoorn, Ik vond een dood Pike in een canal dat was misschien 15-20 kilos. Dat verandert mijn idee over Nederlands vissen! Ik will dat viss graag jagen. Ik genoot uw website veel. Ik wist niet dat zoveel forels zijn berijkbaar in Nederland. Ik hoop dat Ik was verstaanbaar. Ik heb nederlands niet gesproken voor ongeveer 19 jaar.
Tot volgende keer en goed vissen.
[signature]
hi Guys

what a great forum
i write in on a forum in the states and thre are people who speak where i come from

i think i am going to have a lot of fun here

johan
[signature]
Hey Johan,

Thank you - but I am really embarrased about some of my language skills(or the increasingly degrading thereof). I learned dutch by studing as I knew I was going to travel there a bit. It is very similar to other languages I have studied so, at the time it was a little easier for me. As long as it is only written now I can still understand some - but I am sure my pronouniation would be terrible, as would my listening and understanding of it spoken - it was more than 25 years ago that I went to the Netherlands.

Again - it's good to have you here and I'll look forward to reading of your fishing experiences.

BTW - I like your internet site.
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]our first trip whit the pontoon wasn't a kind off success[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]we went to sea for seabass but when we arrive after 120 mile [/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]the wind was blowing 7 bf [/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]we were to afraid to go in the boat and fish [/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]so we went to the trout that you can see on my site but also there the wind was to strong to fish whit the boat [/size][/font] [font "Arial"]so we decided to fish from the shore [/font] [font "Arial"]it was hard work whit that wind to cast al day [/font] [font "Arial"]at the end of the day i have 1 nice trout who was 30 inch long[/font] [font "Arial"]my friend had 3 strikes but misses them all[/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]the boat still having taste water but we give it a try next week[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][/font] [font "Arial"]johan[/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sorry about the wind. That will make your anticipation even more for next time.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I just got home from a trip that was ruined by the wind too. But, at least you got a nice trout. I only got a couple of tiny white bass.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Wow, 7 bf, that's quite some wind for a boat like yours on the sea ! I understand why you didn't go out in it - you were smart to not do it. Even casting in that wind would be a challange. I am glad that you got some trout though.

I am goining to try a local lake today - it is also supposed to be windy there. TubeDude just got back from the same place and reports that it was too windy to fish anyplace except in the marina(harbor). But, we will try anyway - I hope it calms down a little bit for us.

I hope you can get out again soon - when it is not too windy out. Let us know !
[signature]