Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The importance of a locator.
I just wanted to illustrate a fact that I re-expirienced in the last week. That is the role of fishifinders in ice fishing. Last sunday I went out on the ice for the first time this year. As the first trip, I was unorganized and unprepared as far as all the goodies go. I went without my fishfinder. Well, I had a good time and caught a few fish. Not bad huh. Today I went back to the same lake with all the proper equipment. The result would make you cry to think of how dumb you were a week ago. With the help of a fish finder, we were able to reel up or down to the fish as they entered the water column. We had a chance at every fish in the area we fished. Versus last sunday when we never knew if there were fish below, what depth they may be at, where to put our lures, ect. The difference that a simple fish finder can make in a days fishing is truly amazing. If you dont currently use a locator ice fishing, I would highly recomend it. I would own a fish finder for no other purpose than ice fishing if I didnt use one the rest of the year.
[unsure]If I forgot to bring my Vexilar, I'd go home !!!! LOL, Flagmanonice (keep your rods bent )
[signature]
I took mine out on wensday true I was able to mark fish and depth it did not help me hook in to them [blush]

once I find my spot I usualy dont need it again till the next year. I tend to stay around the same area for the season.
[signature]