Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry pontoon report 9/18
Fished Jakes bay from 1Pm-430PM,in my pontoon,found active fish on the East side in 30+ feet of water.Ended up with about 20 Cutts,with several over 20".Using my old standard 31/2" white tube.Fish have not moved in shallow yet,but they will.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Sounds like east Jake's gave you a fair amount of activity. Good deal. Any sign of a ice cap yet?[sly]
[signature]
Hi Mike, 20 cutts in 3.5 hours, not bad. Catching several over 20" is'nt to shabby either. I have caught more fish over the slot this year than any year but have noticed a decline by a couple inches in size the last two trips.

ColdFooter, Don't get everyone screeming for ice as of yet. I like ice fishng just as much as anyone but lets take care of the fall fishing first.
[signature]
[#505000]I've been itching to drill some holes in the ice since late August!!! [crazy][/#505000]
[signature]
[cool]Me too, CP, but I wanna get a few walleye and white bass, and oh yeah-a few more K's from Utah Lake first, and then I think I'll be ready. Would like to hit Mantua and Strawberry once more too before ice-up. THEN I'll be ready to drill some holes!
[signature]
I have been thinking about a spot last winter that was non-stop action for the first 3-4 hours,but there is lots of real good action in Sept&Oct.They kind of go crazy in the fall[crazy]Cutts have teeth,I was rowing(battery had given out)and the oars felt slippery,thought it was just fish slime,wiped the oars a couple of times before looking at my hands and saw the blood.
[signature]