Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SmokePole Hunt
The Muzzleloader Hunt is less then a week away and I am beside my self. I preloaded by speedloaders last night and I have all my knives out giving them a nice sharp edge.

What is everyone shooting?

I shoot a CVA hunterbolt, 85 grain of Powder, Horandy 45 cal 250 grain XTP bullet with a sabot and open sights. This setup is 4 for 4 for me in 3 years, 3 deer and 1 elk.

Later got to go load some more goodies in the camper.
[signature]
I'm so excited and nervous I can't sit still. To put it bluntly I'm a nervous wreck.

It seems everybody and their dog decided to bow hunt with me last year so I'm avoiding the crowd. 1st year with this gun so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully.

My wife is also expected to deliver our 1st in a couple weeks so I sure hope the baby doesn't come early. I'll have the cell phone ready at all times I tell you what.

I shoot a Winchester Apex Magnum 209 in 45 cal with open sights, 100 gr. powder, and a 195 gr. Aero Tip Powerbelt bullet.
[signature]
Man you are pushing it, I think my wife would kill me if she went into labor and I was not around. Good Luck with both.
[signature]
Thanks, I'll be needing it.
The little one isn't due til Oct 15 and most likely will go full term but you never know. If I'm allowed to go hunting it won't be for more than a night or two before I will come home and check on things. Most likely head up Monday and come home Wed night or Thurs morning then head back up Friday.
But if the baby decides to come and I miss the hunt it's no big deal for me. There's plenty of time for hunting but a baby only comes once and I won't miss it for anything.
[signature]
You've got that right. There is nothing like seeing the little ones born. Especially if its where its supposed to be( in the hospital) My second child made her appearance in our old farm truck. Just remember even though its cold January and February aren't months to be to romantic. Good luck on both counts!
[signature]
You kill me. Good luck on your hunts. Give me a call and let me know how you do, Jake
[signature]