Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roaring RIver 12/15
Fished Roaring River with a fly rod (first time out with it). It took awhile to get the casting thing down, but that was half the reason I was there. I started off with a wooly bugger and got bit three times on it for one foul hooked, one take and spit, and one good take that I couldn't figure out how to set the hook. I have a lot to learn about this fly stuff! Tried fishing a glo ball under and indicator and the fish tried to eat the indicator. Moral of that story is I am going to get some dry flies that have the same color as the indicator. I did get a bite on a crackle back as I was getting ready to roll cast and finaly got a real hook up on a small fish on the same fly. I also need to get some crackle backs in light colors as one guy was cleaning up with them! I am ready for round two!

Overall fishing was slower that a few weeks ago. If you can go on a Friday it would be alot better. If not go early on the weekend and stake out a good hole and fish it till mid morning as that is when the bite seemed the best.

Now get up and go give it a try!
[signature]