Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first Tiger Muskie!!!
First of all, thanks to MGB for helping me out with all the Tiger Muskie tips! I have put in countless hours spanning 2 summers now, and about a dozen trips to Pineview and finally this morning I caught my first Tiger Muskie! It was small, only 26 inches, but everyone on the lake knew I caught one! Best part was that my 9 year old daughter was with me and got to share in the excitement! We launched in the dark, and around 7:30 or so we had just gone over a shallow area trolling and the drag on both my pole and my daughters pole started going out. I thought we had hooked the bottom so I cut the motor...and the drag still kept going out! I yelled to my cousin who was also with me to reel his line in and help...both my daughter and I had fish on at the same time! Hers ended up being a 14 inch Smallmouth, mine was a 26 inch Tiger Muskie!!!!! As I said, the whole lake knew I caught one! After photos, the Tiger and the Smallie went back into the lake to be caught another day. We caught one more smallie, a 13 incher, also by my daughter, and then the wind came up and drove us off the lake. We were leaving Pineview at 9:00 a.m. We drove to Willard, launched, went out of the South Marina about 200 yards, got soaked because of the oceanic waves and wind, turned back and trolled into the marina and suddenly I had to grab my pole before it went out the back of the boat...a 20 inch Wiper! (He stayed to have dinner with us tonight) We got off the lake cause of the wind, and we were home just after noon. 1 Tiger Muskie, 2 Smallmouth Bass and 1 Wiper. Not a bad way to spend a morning!!!
See attached pics.
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
Congrats on nailing your first Muskie! They are fun to catch. I'll bet your little one had a great time as well. Sure makes for great memories.
[signature]
Way to go! Congratulations on the tiger!

Regaurdles of its size its still a muskie. I havn't been to pineview for a while been too busy fishing strawberry. Every time I see a muskie pic I get the urge to head up there. How big was that bass you caught?

Again nice muskie and pics.
[signature]
CONGRATS DUDE!Hopefully next year when i get my boat i can experience what you went through today Nice wiper too great fighting and eating fish.Hey that tiger looks awesome you need to catch his big brother now![Wink]
[signature]
Good to get your first muskie . Congrats .
[signature]
Congrats on the Tiger. Still need to catch one, but I need to fish Pineview before I will have a chance. Every time I see a post of them awesome looking fish, I think I need to get up there. But I always seem to end up somewhere else.
[signature]
Thanks again everyone...I've been really jazzed about it all weekend!
The 2 bass that we caught at Pineview were 14 inches and 13 inches. They both went swimming again to fight another day as well as the 26 inch Tiger Muskie.
The Wiper that I caught at Willard was 20 inches. We only fished Willard less than 1/2 hour and caught it right at the south marina entrance coming back in due to the wind and waves!
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.