Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State record bull elk?
I herd a rumor about this bull yesterday. The pics aren't great, if anyone comes across any more post them up so we all can see.

[url "http://kutv.com/outdoors/local_story_266183032.html"]http://kutv.com/outdoors/local_story_266183032.html[/url]
[signature]
It was on the Doug Miller show last night, it is a monster bull for sure. There was another big bull taken last week by Morgan, I'll try to post the pictues when I get them. WH2
[signature]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]Go here:[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[url "http://kutv.com/video"][font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]http://kutv.com/video[/size][/#ff4040][/font][/url]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]then click the search tab and enter ELK in the search and you will see a video clip of that elk.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3][/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Apparently the day before the possible state record elk was taken another one was killed in the pavahnt that grossed about 428, but had a 20" extra tine on one side so it only netted 402 after the deduction.
[signature]
Here are a couple of pictures of a bull that was taken in the Morgan area two days before the hunt was over.
[signature]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]If i saw that thing i would shiite my pants and probably muff the shot....especially with a bow. That's one of the biggest elk I have ever seen, body and antlers.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Here is a statement that came with the pictures, I don't know these guys but I thought the pictures were worth sharing. A lot of the area around Morgan and the back side of the Wasatch are private land so it looks like this bull and others get very big because of the lack of hunting pressure. WH2
"Kade arrowed his bull Wednesday morning. Matt, Chad and I were all with him. This bull is incredibly heavy and has some extra’s on his brow tines making him a 8x7 that will score around 375. Hardest hunt I’ve ever been on. Killed him on day 13 with 2 days left to hunt."
[signature]
It's to bad his back end is so poor. If he gets to 375 with 5ths and 6ths like that he could have easily pushed 400 if the back was even close to the front. Not that I'm nitpicking, that's at least 50 inches bigger than anything I've ever killed and I would take it with ANY limited entry tag in the state. Absolutely colossal from the front, huge body too.
[signature]
check this bad boy out. my buddy sent me these pictures.
i don't know where it was killed.
it is supposed to be the new state record.
i will try to find out where it was taken.
WOW
[signature]
i missed posting the rest of the pictures.
here they are.
[signature]
I was thinking the same thing but it's not a bad bull for the area it was taken, the back side of the Wasatch. WH2
[signature]
NICE BULLS. NOTHING MOORE EXCITING THAN BIG BULLS SCEAMING IN MY FACE. IF I COULD HUNT YR ROUND ID STOP FISHING... LOVE THE CHASE.
[signature]
Great bull but I don't think it is the one they are claiming might be the new state record. Doug Millar had it on his show a week ago or so and the guy that shot it was an older man. I think any one of us would be thrilled to get a bull any where near the size of your friend's, definitely a once in a life time bull. WH2
[signature]
Wiperhunter, look in the second pic, the one labled bull 1, it's the old guy that was on Doug Miller, that is the same bull.
[signature]
this one is a different one than on doug miller.
[signature]
The bull looks different but the guy in the second photo does look like the guy on Doug's show.
[signature]
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]I think it could be a different bull. Looks different than the one on Doug Miller. That's just my opinion though.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]