Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dodge city here i come
hello fellow bft'rs i'm headin out to your neck o the woods and was wonderin if there was any good fishing in the dodge city area will be out there sometime in oct. any info would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
Clark state fishing lake is about 30 minutes away and it has some good fishing. It's alot better if you have a boat. There are nice largemouth, walleye, and white bass. There is some crappie but there not easy to find for me anyway. There is also flathead but they are not stocked. if you fish at night you can hook into some monsters. I live 30 minutes from dodge so I'll try to give you all the info I can.
that sounds like a pretty respectable lake,

timing is as important if not more than location.

I usualy target drop offs follow the thick weed beds till they start to thin and cast there for the crappie gills largemout, I head for the same weed beds and go out a little further and look for sandy ares and work near the bottom for smallies. Walleyes like to hover around the 15 to 25 foot depths. I have caught them at 40 feet but you kill them by the time you get them to the top of the lake. I bring my walleye up pretty fast.

a buddy of mine up north of me gets a bait called butter worms, its a grub and he pulls in some monster crappie and gills with them and a few ocational bass...
[signature]
thanks for the tips u guys. Sadly i'm not going to have access to a boat. but big and or any flathead action sounds awesome. i've yet to meet one face to face. it's lookin like mid october will be the time i'm there. is this a good time for flats? and thanks again in advance.
[signature]
just wondering if you made it to dodge city yet. maybe we can hook up and go fish clark this spring.