Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle is HOT / Walleye Confirmed

I hit Jordanelle today from 3-8PM on a mission to find the smallmouth. I found them in 40 feet of water on the bottom and managed to get one of them to bite on a jig and one on a drop shot. Then they stopped biting, but I still saw them on the sonar.

I made my way in more shallow because I saw some surface action and I managed to catch about 20 rainbows off the same point just a bit more shallow.

On my way back in I spoke with another boat and asked how they were doing and they held up a nice 22 inch Walleye they caught off of the boat ramp on the hailstone side, go figure! They told me they have caught a couple other walleye out of there bottom bouncing in the marina area. Man I wish I had my camera today.

The DWR was up there gill netting but were in speed/stealth mode and didn't give any report on what was netted. I saw them zip up the rock cliff arm then 30 minutes later they were back and packing the boat and were out of there.

Just some info. Was a fun evening even though I got dumped on pretty good, but it seemed the fishing was HOT when it was raining.
[signature]
I need to get back up there . Thanks for the report .
[signature]
You know cliff is going to be upset about this news. On the other hand it will make alot of people excited.
[signature]
thanks for the report craig.[Wink]
[signature]
THNAX FOR THE REPORT. WALLEYES CONFIRMED! YES!!!!!!
[signature]
Thanks for the report Craig - Ice fishing will be a future option for catching those eyes - hope the new state record will be available in Lake X.

[Smile]
[signature]
I predict that this thread will be locked by tonight, because the inevitable "bucket biologist" debate will start soon.

Good report though.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Not by me...I turned in my key.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Bring on those snaggle-toothed critters.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool]Excellent news, Craig! I might have to ice fish the 'nelle again this year. I didn't get out there last season, but I think I know RIGHT where i wanna try (at least for a variety of species). Hope it freezes a little better this year than last.
[signature]
Chicken[sly]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Rabble-rouser.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff](think we're on our way?)[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I bet the DWR knows a lot more than they want to let us know![Wink] Theres probably a nice quantity of eyes in there right now and they are probably netting for them to remove them before they really explode.Personally i think it would be nice to have a nice lake with a variety of fish.Kinda like a mini lake powell.[sly]
[signature]
THEY BETTER LEAVE THOSE EYES ALONE....THEY HAVE UNFINNISHED BUISNESS IN THERE...
[signature]
those fish had been in there for years. Until numbers are caught, this doesn't nuttin'.
[signature]
X is going to be a great Walleye lake. It has the forage, the structure and the spawning habitat.
[signature]
Any chance that CBR might be fibbin? You know how these fishermen are. Maybe that 22 incher was a chub. Show me the pictures.........
[signature]
break out the bottom bouncers at lake X!!![Wink]
[signature]
[cool]Doubt it. I've heard several other reports of 'eyes being in there from the ones that made it that far up river before the dam was built in the early '90's. It's just a matter of time before they get even more established and we ALL start catching at least the occassional 'eye out of there.
[signature]
Why is it that everytime someone reports something that others may not like they get called liars.

Granted I am sure some folks stretch the truth, I am not one of those in this case.

I know what I saw. Take my word for it or not, I don't give a rats ass. Wink
[signature]
With all due respect there Olderthandirt, I can't see why CBR would fib about someone else's catch. And, I suspect, from knowing him, that he has enough fishing knowledge and experience to differentiate between a chub and a walleye even at a distance. So, I'm just going to take his word for it.
[signature]