Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ODC 420 FLOAT TUBE AND ROD HOLDER /updated
HEY EVERYONE FINALLY GOT THE NEW TUBE READY AND IN THE WATER. I PICKED UP THE CREEK COMPANY ODC 420 AND LET ME TELL YOU ITS 100% IMPROVEMENT OVER THE TROUT UNLIMITED TOGIAK. IT'S MUCH MORE STURDY, I SIT HIGHER, THE BACK REST IS THICK AND DOES NOT BOTHER MY BACK OR SIDES, THE BOTTOM IS MADE OF A THICK PVC MATERIAL, THE STICHING AND ZIPPERS ARE HEAVY DUTY, AND IT'S GOT A LIFE TIME WARRANTY. MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS THE STORAGE IS LIMITED LIKE THE TOGIAK, BUT LIKE IN THE TOGIAK I CUT THE PARTITIONS AND MADE ONE BIG COMPARTMENT. THE FOLLOWING PICTURES ARE OF THE TUBE IN THE WATER AND THE NEW ROD HOLDER I MADE FOR IT. I THINK I WENT A LITTLE OVER BOARD BUT WHAT THE HELL[Wink]. I DID NOT PAINT IT FOR THE PICTURES SO YOU COULD SEE HOW IT WAS PUT TOGETHER USING 1" PVC AND CONECTORS. THE BACK SECTION WITH THE CANOPY IS REMOVABLE.

UPDATE:
As requested by a few members, I attached some updated photos of the rod / tool / camera / fish finder / scent holder. I also included photos of the whole thing unmounted to the tube. I'm also attaching a few videos links that I shot from the tube. Sorry it took me a while to update this.
[url "http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/ATFISHING/CASTAIC/?action=view&current=CASTAIC10-19-079.flv"]http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/ATFISHING/CASTAIC/?action=view&current=CASTAIC10-19-079.flv[/url]
[url "http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/ATFISHING/BARRETT%2005%2005%2007/?action=view&current=206ea076.flv"]http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/ATFISHING/BARRETT%2005%2005%2007/?action=view&current=206ea076.flv[/url]

AT
[signature]
Hey ATFISHING,

Dude-A-Rama - you da man ! A man after my own orientations and taste buds ! They aint no such thing as "overboard" when it comes to fishing. Great job ! Love the canopy too. I can just tell you would be a blast to hang out or go fishing with.

One question: What is the connector in the middle of the two canopy supports for ? You know the one behind the back rest of your seat. It looks really usefull, but I haven't come up with a guess yet.

Again, congratulations on the great ride and nice customization !
[signature]
FISHHOUND GLAD YOU LIKE[cool] I DIDN'T GLUE THE CANOPY SECTION SO YOU CAN TAKE IT OFF LEAVING THE THREE CONNECTORS TO BE USED FOR A NET/GAFF/ROD/VISIBILITY FLAG/ETC. STOLE THE IDEA FROM PONTOON BOATS, AND IF YOUR EVER IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS IT WOULD BE MY PLEASURE TO GET TOGETHER AND FISH.

AT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Outstanding. Great report and great pics. That new Creek Company craft looks like a good replacement for some of the Outcast units.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You are quite the PVC engineer. I am envious.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
HEY TD THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT, I'M JUST GLAD I CAN CONTRIBUTE. [Smile]

FISH ON BROTHER!

AT
[signature]
Nice setup, very nice. I guess I better get busy and do somthing to my tube. thanks for the pics. later chuck
[signature]
really a great setup
you give me some ideas for my next project

keep up the good work

johan
[signature]
HEY JOHAN GLAD YOU LIKE IT AND I'M GLAD I CAN CONTRIBUTE, LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CONCERNING YOUR PROJECT. GOOD LUCK

AT
[signature]
Hey AT where are the pics of that rod holder? I'm going nuts trying to find them.I'm new to tubin' and just bought one of them creek co.420's and that rod holder looks hot.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]That is an old thread, and it looks like AT edited out his original pictures.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]BUT...since I made copies of them I will repost some of them here.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
WoW!!! Thanks TD for re-posting those pictures. I should have my ODC 420 this week and that's something I would like to make.
[signature]
Hey TD thanks for reposting those pics. I've been MIA as of late and have not been keeping up with the board. Hope everone is well. I attached some recent photos.

AT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, good to see your smiling face on the board again. Nice basses. You still got it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
How is the "Fishing Buddy" mounted can I ask? I did mine different.
[signature]
I've gotten a few PMs concerning the rod/tool holder. I will post up some more pics in the next couple of days.

AT
[signature]
[inline 06-20-09_1802.jpg]
Thanks to the photos posted here, I was able to craft a three-rod holder for my new ODC 420. And, while not lunkers, its maiden voyage was successful ...

[inline 06-20-09_0650.jpg]
[inline 06-20-09_0910.jpg]
Looks nice another week and I think I will have my rod holder good to go also...its operational but needs improvement
[signature]
Having tested it twice, I'm really happy with my swept-back rod holder. However, I learned some things in its use: Hook lures to eyelets at mid-rod rather than let them share another pole at full length. Also, when lifting one rod out, be sure it doesn't take a second one out with it. And should I ever make another I might look into flaring the angle of the holders wider so that rod tips aren't as close. Then again, I bet I cope with it all.

That's what tube fishing is all about -- adapting and making the best of the situation. We don't yet have major manufacturers experimenting and researching the best equipment for us like the bass boat industry. The ODC 420 definitely is a step up from my U-boat, which was a leap forward from my belly boat, but the customization and refining has just begun for me. Next up -- the tray. Got one painted but not yet attached. I'll be looking through the forum for ideas. So I want to thank in advance all who have adapted and posted here. I appreciate your thinking and innovation.
[signature]
OK, this may not be the best place for this question, but I don't want to start another thread to ask: Is there such a thing as add-on D rings? If so, where to get them? And what cautions should I know about gluing them to my ODC? I see pics with D rings where my craft doesn't have them. I suppose I could have a different model or ...
[signature]
WTG Revrusty!!! Sorry for not keeping up with this post, I've been meaning to post some more pics with a little more detail, I'll try and get to it this weekend. As for you problem of tangled rods in the holder, the solution is to slightly angle each holder outwards, this will eliminate tangled rods and lures.
Your question about d-rings. My ODC has 4 on the bottom, 2 on each side, and 1 on each point, does yours not have these? Possible they have eliminated them on the newer models. I have seen d-rings for sale at Sportsmart but not sure as to attaching them, I'm sure TD may have an idea.

AT
[signature]