Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
moving to Fresno
[size 1]Hi California![/size]
[size 1]Im fom Utah but My work is sending me to be based in Fresno, Ca for the next few months and Im likely to have alot of spare time on my hands (the first month Ill be on reserve status - waiting for someone to call in sick or something) and as long as Im 1 1/2 hrs or less from the airport I can do whatever I want.
So, Im "fishing" for advice on good places to wet a hook while Im there.
Any suggestions??????????? [/size]
[signature]
Let me know when you are in the area. You are not that far from SoCal. I can hook you up on some good fishing spots if you wanted to come down a little further south.[cool]
[signature]
Id love to take you up on that! Ive been traveling back to SLC on my days off but if im ever sticking around for a few non-work days Id live to come down.
Ive met your dad and "conversed" with him on the Utah board many times. Fish oil run through your families veins it seems[Wink]
[signature]
My normal days off are Sat and Sun. I do quite a bit of bass fishing during the week at some of the local lakes and go out on the fishing boats on the weekends.

Just give me a holler when you would like to get together and I could reserve you an extra spot on the boat and loan you any necessary gear.[cool]

The fish oil is a necessary part of life.[laugh]
[signature]
I dont get too many Sat/Sun "weekends" being that Im new to the company. I do have the Tue/Wed before Thanksgiving or the Sun/Mon after Thanksgiving when I probably wont be able to go home. I was thinking of driving to see the redwoods or yosemety(sp?) but Id rather fish.
Feel free to PM me if you are interested.
[Smile]Im happy you even offered![Smile]
[signature]
I sent you a PM with my #s attached. Feel free to call me so that we can arrange something.[cool]
[signature]
I live in Fresno, I can tell you that you will be in the middle of a wide variety of fishing opportunities. Milerton lake provides good Striper fishing, the San Joaquin river isn't bad on some days for planter trout. Other than that, within an hour and a half, you have Shaver lake, Bass lake, Pine Flat Res. and the Kings river, which also has a good planter trout supply. In the upper Kings (above Pine Flat) there is an amazing Fly Fishing stretch of water. There are also many other ponds and smaller lakes. Outside of that the high Sierra's are amazing for native trout including our state fish the Golden Trout. And there is always the ocean about 2 1/2 - 3 hours away. This time of year the Salmon and Steelhead season is well underway about 3 hours north in the Sacramento area. Bottom line, you have a few options.

Welcome to the Central Valley!!![Wink]

Kyle
[signature]
Thanks for the info Kyle! and welcome to BFT!
I havent had a chance to get out yet but I sure think about it alot. I have a tendancy to go home to Salt Lake City on my days off so I have not tried to fish out here yet. I also was limited on what I was able to bring out and not knowing what fishing I may be able to do I havent brought anything yet.
My company has been useing me more lately so I dont have as much down time as the first few weeks here, but I certainly dont want to spent my few months here and not fish. I may not get this chance again.

P.S. Fell free to PM me if yould like. Perhaps you can show me the local waters.
[signature]