Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAVORITE ICE PRESNTATION
JUST WONDERING WHAT EVERYONE LIKES BEST. FOR TROUT ITS A GLOW RATT FINKEE TIPPED WITH WAX WORM. FOR WALLEYES ITS JIG AND HALF CRAWLER AND FOR PERCH ITS A GOLD SWEDDISH PIMPLE TIPPED WITH A PEARCH EYEBALL. YOURS?
[signature]
where do you find crawlers in the middle of winter?

me I fish for bass, perch and crappie with a minnow and a number #8 arbordeen hook and gills with a 1/16 teardrop jigs.
[signature]
They've got crawlers in all the stores around here.

My favorite presentation is a hook at the end of the line that I'm not holding onto. [Tongue]
[signature]
[cool]For trout it's a white whatta cricket tipped with wax or meal worm, and my 2nd favorite is a lime colored Genz worm tipped with a mealie. For perch it's a lime colored Genz worm tipped with perch eyeball (but if i don't have a perch on the ice yet to get an eyeball) then I tip it with a wax or meal worm first. Genz worms are AWESOME! Work great for trout and perch (probably gills and 'eyes too, but haven't tried them for those species yet). I've heard that those small gold sweedish pimple spoons work well for the perchies, but haven't tried it. Now I think I'll get some this year to try out.

I hope to ice fish for walleye this year if i get up to Starvation Res., or if Utah Lake freezes for a decent amount of time.
[signature]
[cool]Dave, here in Utah we can find them in any grocery store in their mini fishing section, but I've also seen them at Wal-Mart in the winter as well as wax and meal worms at Wally world too.

Is it Ice Fishing Season yet?
[signature]
i pick my crawlers during the year,ond store them in my basement for the winter,made up a wood box,broke up a corner of my floor,place potting soil,and leaves,i buy worm food through walmart and nice nightcrawlers all winter long
[signature]
V.O. on ice in a High Ball glass, followed closely by a couple MGD's as a chaser [Wink]

BTW, who's the wise a$$ that keeps moving my stool! And why is the floor keeps jumping up and punching me in the face?!
[signature]
I like to use some frozen Prawns
[signature]
Where legal I like to use a small castmaster or swedish pimple for crappies and perch and the occasional walleye. For pike I love tip-ups rigged with a 4-6 inch smelt or herring suspended off the bottom a few feet or a crocidile spoon tipped with a herring or smelt fillet for aggresive pike. In Utah this year I have done good on perch with 1/80 ounce marabou jigs tipped with maggots, tear drops tipped with waxies or eye balls. Trout in Alaska were suckers for salmon roe, swedish pimples tipped with waxies, glow hooks and orange tear drops tipped with waxies. In Montana I slayed the trout on ice flies or tiny curl tail grubs tipped with meal worms same in Wyoming. Washington state the trout loved ice flies and glow hooks tipped with wax worms soaked in Berkleys trout formula liquid bait attractant. Perch in Washington loved maggots on a gold dart head jig. Trout in Utah I have caught on just about anything I have put down the hole except on lake and there it was 1/8 ounce jig heads with either a whattacricket or a ratso tail tipped with waxies. I recommend taking a variety of bait with you maggots, waxies, meal worms, crawlers, and minnows where legal and keep changing baits and lures until you find what works on your waters.
[signature]