Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opener
Todays adventure was a trip to the Au Sable river and the Foote Pond Dam . Imagine the surprise when I realised my specs were back at home sitting on the kitchen counter .
It was a challange to put a fly on or to put a #20 hook on my 6 lb. test line , add in the bitter cold wind that funneled upriver to the dam and you can feel my fustration at having the possibility of loosing a coho to a faulty knot . My fears were never realised , I had the pleasure of seeing a solitary male fanning the zebra mussels for a bedding spot and the only fish I landed was a 6" L.M.B.
The regular croud of fellow big fish anglers were not to be seen with the exception of a guy from lansing that stayed for about an hour and left in disapointment due to the lack of fish and the onslought of lead slingers that arrived around 10 A.M., Bottombouncing spawnbags is a little difficult when you have people casting over your line and ripping the treble ladened lures interupting your drift .
Oh well , thats the only way some guys know how to fish , I guess.
I did see three huge wild eastern turkeys along River Road on the way to the Dam , each one was worthey of being called a trophey gobbler . The fall turkey hunt sure was a disapointment when I saw the zone eliminations . I expect it was due to the eratic weather we encountered this spring , the mortality rate for the young chicks must have been extremely high .
I'll be taking the bow out sunday morning for another try at BullWinkle , who knows if my luck continues in this direction I just might have to settle for his sidekick Rockey , lol !
How goes it in the upland game bird hunting ? The leaves are sure comming down around here .
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
opener - by lonehunter - 10-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Re: [lonehunter] opener - by callie - 10-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Re: [callie] opener - by lonehunter - 10-09-2005, 03:48 AM
Re: [lonehunter] opener - by davetclown - 10-10-2005, 01:18 AM
Re: [lonehunter] opener - by callie - 10-10-2005, 03:46 PM