Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walleye tatics
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]Anybody have any good walleye tatics? Any tatics for ice fishing them eyes? One of my goals is to get one through the ice.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
One of the best times I ever had fishing was near the western shore of Lake Erie, during the walleye spring migration from the Maumee River to the Detroit River... trolling four lines (two of us) with different color hot-n-tots until we figured out which one they liked best. We filled the boat - well, 12 of them, anyway. Boy, were those good!

Ice fishing??? For a Florida boy, that's too radical to consider! The first time I heard the term, I thought 'why not just go to the refrigerator and get some?' I can't imagine being anywhere cold enough for ice fishing, much less could I consider being outside in that ON PURPOSE!!

But if you enjoy it, more power to ya!
[signature]
From what I understand, Walleye are best fished in the evening.
[signature]
Hey snook.hooker, I was the same way until I tried ice fishing a couple winters ago. Now I can't wait for it! You should go to the Ice Fishing forum and read up on all the fun we've had fishing in "10 inch lakes" as one pro-bass fisherman says whenever he does a presentation here in Minnesnowta.
[signature]
I have to ask are you going to target frozen river or frozen lake?

depths are the same in both waters, 15-30 feet deap, the walleye will come up shallower around sundown and though the night. you can find them shallower and deeper but this is the mean....

you are pretty much limitted to one of a couple options, live bait and jigging. your rigging may differ depending on where you are at, you will need to develop a presentation that will work in the area you are.
[signature]