Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first time fly fishing
I decided to try out my birthday presents "Fly pole and waders" it was about time too considering my birthday was in April. I wish I could say I caught something but I didn't, but you can't beat the scenery, absolutely beautiful.

I'll catch one some day.
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 4]Hi there Clebreto and welcome to the world of fly fishing. That is why I always carry a digital camera when ever I go fly fishing. You can enjoy two hobbies on one outting.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 4]Last year when I went to the Snake in Wyoming, the first day out I caught nada. The next day I had the same results until I asked a park worker as to a good spot to fish. He told me about a spot further down the river which I could access by a small dirt road. Caught enough cut-throats to make my day.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]As they always say "You can't catch them where they ain't". Good luck.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Check in with Sportsman's Warehouse or a fly shop and tell them what you were doing and where you were fishing. They will give you some pointers that will help on your next trip out.
Ask them about mending your line when using nymphs. Fly fishing does take a little knowledge, patience and practice, but it will be worth the time invested. Get back out there while the fall weather offers some of the best fly fishing of the year.
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]When I was in Idaho last year stopped in at Real Women Outfitters in Victor to pick up my fishing license. Also asked for their recommendations to where a good place would be to fly fish. They were kind enough to provide me with a map. After driving for a half hour on a gravel road laden with holes deep enough to hold trout, I finally reached my destination. Here is a picture of a good place to fly fish. Give me a break! In Driggs did get some good info from a small shop that sold everything including fly gear & accessories. This road at least didn't jar my teeth loose.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 4]Caught a few Cuts there making the trip worth while.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 4]Point being some info is good others not worth while. [/size][/#008000][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=12722;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=12723;]
[signature]
So next time go to a real man's tackle shop to get your information![Wink]
On a fishing trip to Idaho several years ago,I asked a local about some good trout waters. He gave me directions to a spot that he thought would be full of big Rainbows. I fished there for about 2 hours when he came by to see how I was doing. I told him that he was right about the fish being big and I had caught a lot of them, but in Utah we call them CARP!!![mad]
He laughed and then turned and left.
I think that Idaho people are very protective of their fish and don't give out their honey holes to just anyone that asks. I don't blame them!
[signature]