Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8"-10" worms?
While fishing VT I saw some large worms on the bottom of a known bass area. Never saw them or tried these big boys. These were white but might have lost some color. Anyone tried these before and how did you rig it and what reason to use them?
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Were the worms alive? I have seen dead worms that were white. How thin or thick were they?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
After hitting one with the end of my rod, these were plastic and almost as thick as a dime. I've seen molds for these large worms but have no idea what they would be thrown for? Do you harness rig them? 5/0 hook for weedless? Why would bass want such a big offering compared to a 6" worm?
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]I would be inclined to Texas rig those snakes. What is interesting to know, is why there were several lying around the bottom? Were they a disappointment to the fisherman and he threw them all away?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
LOL,you could be right Dryrod. Does make me wonder why I saw three in a 15' area.
[signature]
There are some times of the year that bigger is better with bass - as far as offerings go. You can rig them Texas style, Carolina style and even wacky style(on the larger ones, I put a small finnishing nail in the head for weight and rig them wacky - it makes the worm stand on it's head and the tail waves up above it - very natural looking) If you rig them wacky, you tend to loose them more often. That might be why you saw them in such a small area - or, someone may have dumped a tackle box in the area - they generally wouldn't come off in a Texas, Carolina, or a crawler harness rig quite as easily or in one piece.

BTW - I usually take the large ones(they are on sale more often in this area) and cut them in half and use them that way. But in some areas of heavy pressure, and during some times of the year, bass will look at a larger offering more seriously than a smaller one.
[signature]
I agree with you fishhound on the size verses time of year. Mid summer I'll go with a 4"worm and 5"-7" the other times. But these bad boys are extra huge. I did pick up a mold that makes these monsters by mistake and never even tried to pour one because of the size. Thats why I was surprised to see them in the water. If I can find someone that actually uses them and catches fish that would be something.
[signature]
we use them in michigan at night for bass and walleye. Harness riggings of personal preffrence. 3/0 hooks and larger....
[signature]