Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Salsa Boyz" ? ? ?
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"]With the better mack fishing at Bear Lake just around the corner, I was just wondering if there would be much interest in a "Salsa Boyz" get together this year?

In the past we have shared such tasty things as home made salsa and chips, home made hot jerky, and even hot home made bread and jam.

Personally, I don't think we need to bring anything to share at all but it does make for a nice excuse to get together for some friendly fishing on the water.

I'm thinking November 19th or 26th. I just get a kick out of seeing many of my good fishing acquaintances from BFT, taking pics for the board, and catching some sweet fish. It all kind of holds me over for the year.

Is it worth trying to schedule something? If there is enough interest, I'll post something up a little more official and provide some links to it if there is enough interest.

What say ye? [/font][/size]
[signature]
You know I am a sucker for the spicy, and I have a Tongue for the spiciest and most blistering salsas. If there is room for a taster let me know. I will bring the Mission chips. Smile

I also would love to get out and catch me one of those macks. Still on my list.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Hey there Old Coot, count me and my son in for one of those days. We are good for either date. Keep me informed.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Either one of those days would be good for me. I would bring my son and maybe con fish1on to go also. It would be cool to meet some of you guys.

Bodine
[signature]
If I have scratched the itch to walk on water by then, either one of the dates will work. I just finished pickling 16 (2 quart) bottles of peppers. (I have one bottle of straight Habanero peppers if you like it hot.) I will finish making my last batch of fresh salsa this afternoon. If I still have some of the 20 quarts I made I’ll bring it. It will be well marinated by then.
Your pickled peppers are tasty. Bring em. Smile
[signature]
I'd be interested in catching this fishin' gathering ...
[signature]
OldCoot,count me in.
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#588000][size 3]It's a go ....... [/size][/#588000][/font][/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#588000][size 3][/size][/#588000][/font] [/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#588000][size 3]Click on the link below for details.[/size][/#588000][/font][/center]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I don't want to be a "Salsa Boy", I want to be a Pirate![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I'm pretty sure I'll be on the lake that day.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[size 1]Coot,
I will be having some major knee surgery on Nov. 7th. (ACL reconstruction and torn minuscus) but if I can hobble by the 19th, then I'll at least be at the marina with fresh bread and my homemade Bear Lake raspberry jam! I've got some deer jerky too from the buck I shot on the muzzleloader hunt this year. [/size]
[signature]
Maybe I can talk Musky Hunter into going too. I will plan on being there
[signature]
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"] You are a good man Scott. Don't be pushing the new knee too much. As much as we would LOVE to have the hot bread and jam, we would NOT want you to be walking when you shouldn't be.

Hope all goes well.[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"] [/font][/size]
[signature]
Wish I could be there but I'll be on vacation again during that date. That first Salsa Boys was great fun and I'm sure this one will be also.
[signature]
i want to be a pirate too!!!![Wink]
[signature]
Hey Old Coot,
I was not there last year, But would like to try to come up if a new guy is welcome? I am doing an addition to my home and will see if I can get away that day. I have a boat and if I can make it would probably have room for 0ne or two others. When it gets closer I will let all know if I can make it and if I have any extra room
[signature]
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"] Riley,

Cmone up ... we would love to be out there on Bear Lake and you fishing along side us. Just be prepared to dress warm (unless this warm weather continues).

It is great that you and others are offering a seat in your boat for some of our land locked friends.

See ya there ....[/font][/size]
[signature]