Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard water season is just around the corner ...
I told my son about what you said while back and yep he did give her everything (Not sure what it was) and she laid two eggs last Sat! I guess she is back but I didn't see any more add to the shelf in the ice box. I was too busy redoing our kitchen to ask him about the chicken. The other day it was so darn cold and I came home from work my wife let the chicken in the kitchen for a little while. That chicken really fights to come in as she watches our dogs come in like that and tries to dash in if I wasn't looking!
Seems like eight inches of snow on the ground already and still falling.....
[signature]
what state are you in? I just got 6 inches last night here in south east michigan. the snow stoped here at 4:30 am just like some one shutting off the fosset.

I spent all morning plowing my drive way and my road, it will be two weeks before the county comes in and plows my road. I went down to the lake today to check on the ice conditions, not much point on my lake, the snow put presure on the ice and weighted down so the river is flowing on top the ice... wich is not a bad thing realy, it will help to make more ice....
[signature]
in conn,we just go 10 inches of that white stuff,along with thunder and lightning,in boston a plane got struck with lightning while on takeoff.i am glad i retired from plowing,felt weird staying home next to the woodstove and not worring about the phone ringing,and watching the snow fall
[signature]
I used to enjoy snow plowing, out in the big snows, I like playing in the snow... my playground I get the whole out side to my self...LOL

thermos full of hot coffee, worm clothes, shovel it, plow it, fish on it, deer hunt in it, rabbit hunt in it, ski on it, roll around in it, I love snow,

I saw on the news today a plane slid off the run way and hit a car... I was yacking on the phone so I didnt get to see what state that was....

I hear you guys have some awsom ski resorts our your way....
[signature]
That was Midway Airport, Chicago. Sad part of that is a little six year old boy got killed. It is only twenty minutes north from our house.
[signature]
Just southwest of Chicago. I did say about the same amount of snow. Just like to have some work out so I shovel it twice the other day. Light snow and easy!
[signature]
I caught again only part of an interveiw last night with one of the guys the plain colided in to, he said he could see the pilots face and the shock and horror it portreyed, I dont know if they interveiwed the pilot but the co-pilot was interviewed, and he said they knew they were headed for desaster after the third time they pumped the breaks and turned on the reverce thrusters and they were not slowing down.

the news went on to say that the investigation will go on for years....

after looking at the crash on the interveiw I saw and understand the cause of the problem, it is mearly a land value problem, the land around the area is so built up they can not afford to have a green way in between the end of the runway and developed land.

there is no one person to blame. the runway became icy in a moments notice as can happen any where and any time this time of year, I truly am surprized it hasnt happened before this.

yes, it is heart breaking any one would have that happen in thier lives...
[signature]
Midway isn't that big than O'hare, so it's runaways are kinda pretty short. Flew out of Midway to S.F Cailfornia a month ago and notice the runaway there was longer than Midway, longer landing time. On way back to Midway we did have to stop as hard and short. So in a snow storm, this airport is more harder to do for those pilots or any. My nephew told my son a story of their flight one time in a snow storm, the pilot had to put the plane at a 45 degree (sideway flying) coming in then straighten the plane within the landing strip at the very last minute, really scared everyone on the plane. Midway airport has said they have a "slow down" part at the end of the runway to stop the plane from going too far, but I would guess it was kinda packed with snow and got harden....News said towers couldn't see at all and the plane might had came in a little too far or the brakes didn't stop it with the slicky road....
[signature]
sounds like the airport extended the runway to accomidate larger planes. and figured that since they never had one run off the end before they would not need a green way at the end of the strip.. (short sidedness on the air port or the town most asuredly a combination of both)

they will need to go back to smaller planes, but I doubt that will happen, they will come up with a lame excuse to keep doing business as usual... "God help the next ones".....

I have to head out and check my ice thickness and posibly pull my dock if the ice is thick enuff...
[signature]
its here now..

I am not on my lake yet but the guys are on all the lakes around me... except elizabeth and orchard.

no sign of temps rising above freezing any time soon here.... I will be on my lake by christmas...
[signature]
well I am back to waiting again for ice, I spent last night with glow in the dark fingernail polish touching up all my jigs.

I did all 40 of them... I even did a dry streamer fly, I wonder if it will be a wet fly now...[crazy]

now I have to find me another project for tonight.
[signature]
[Smile] Yep I'm also waiting for ICE..nothing yet
[signature]
[Smile] Finally Hardwater Is Here in my area!
[signature]
Kool, maybe we can get in some fishin action.

my Ice has reverted to the keep off stage and holding. wont make new ice and wont melt off so I can get the boat out.

if it werent foe geocashing and feeding the chickens I would realy catch cabin feaver.
[signature]
[Smile] Goin out this week end to see what's bitin
[signature]
I can hardly wait, [center]AN ICE FISHING REPORT!!![/center]

I can almost smell the slime [Tongue]

I hate the inbetween time...[Sad]
[signature]
You betcha!
[signature]
The ice is still holding pretty good here so maybe you guys better hookup,split the feul costs, and shag it on out this direction.
[signature]
[Sad] We have been experiencing really warm weather in my neighborhood...The ice is melting...melting.
[unsure] I'm still going out on Sunday to chk things out..and give ya's a report..Good or Bad.
[signature]
everything was looking so good in the beginning of december, and just before christmas the grinch stole ice fishing.
[signature]