Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 10-30-05
Fished the berry today from 7:00am-4:00pm. The first hour we got snowed on then it cleared for awhile then it hailed on us. The wind would pick up then die off all day long, over all not a bad day to be on the water.

Started over by East Portal Bay, had a hard time locating a good concentration of fish but did manage to pick up about 15 between three of us by 12:00. A couple where 22.5" and one of them weighted 4.5 pounds, not bad for a 22 incher, wish I would of got a picture of it but my camera acting up.

Headed over to Jakes Bay to see if we could get into some faster fishing. Ended up finding a good school and picked up a few dozen more cutts. A couple of those where just over the slot many other getting close. We released all fish today.

Fishing was best starting round 17' in the morning then moving to 22' in the afternoon and 35' later in the day.
[signature]
Thanks for the report and great pics!
[signature]
Looks like a fun day at the Berry, what is that light in the background of that first picture. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
No reseviour can be compared to strawberry,its the best fishing hole around.

The light in the picture is the light pole at the top of the boat ramp.
[signature]
Looks like another good trip to the Berry. Thanks for the report Mike.
[signature]
Way ta GetR Dun Mike.
I'd have road up to day but I'm way to much a wuss to deal with cold weather. To make it worse Nascar race was boring. Who was the fool that came up with the term "its racin' not wreckin' "?
Thank God the PBR was on right after Nascar or I'd be dealing with a bad case of mayhem withdraws this morning.
[signature]