Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you buy for $1,000?
If you got $1,000 that could only be spent on fishing-related items, what would you buy?
[signature]
I would spend about five or six hundred on a canoe, and the rest of the stuff the canoe needed.

I would Spend $100 dollars each on a dedicated salt water kit, and a fly rod.

I would upgrade my existing freshwater kit.

Any remainder would pay for bait, licenses, and miscelaious costs (like park fees for fishing trips).
[signature]
I would buy a sonar with a gps system and a color screen or perhaps aunder water camera can I have a 100,000 instead.
spend it all restocking my terminal tackle supply.... (I'm running a little low)
[signature]
I would invest in my lifetime fishing license and spend the rest on terminal tackle.[cool]
[signature]
I had to think awhile about answering my own question - I'd probably get a Gheenoe (spelling?) or peddle-powered craft (seen the float tuber forum?). I can squeeze enough tackle out of the budget to get by, so it'd be a watercraft of some sort for me... to get to the snook!
Paul
p.s. - look! I'm a Weakfish now! [cool]
[signature]
I would definetly buy an Aluminum Boat..the the rest on Terminal Tackle...it seems I always lose that stuff....[Wink]
[signature]
I would use it towards a flyin lake somewhere up north. A week of nothing but fish and trees.
[signature]
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]I would say $1000 worth of $2 hookers[Tongue], but you said fishing related items so I will have to get back to you on that one.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Gas! [Wink]
[signature]
Do you seriously think that you can get much gas for a thousand bucks?[pirate] That might be just enough for a lap around the gas station.[crazy]
[signature]
In my old puddle jumper a grand in gas would get me around the gas station 4 or 5 times..[crazy]
[signature]
Haha! You guys are hilarious! [sly]

If I could spend $1000 on fishing stuff, I'd definitely go with paying someone to finish fixing up my boat, getting the outboard prepped, and then the trailer operating top notch.

If I have anything left, I'm off to get stuff to make fishing easier from the boat.
[signature]