Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apalachicola Fishing Report
It’s beginning to feel a lot like Tarpon! Yesterday it was 91 degrees by 8:15 am with the heat index soaring. When you walk out your door at 5:00am & it feels like stepping into a hair dryer, then conditions are just about right. And now, what you have been waiting weeks to hear - YES Tarpon HAVE been sighted here and our Fly-fishing guides (Tommy, Chris, Jason & Nathan and sometimes Anthony) have all been Tarpon fishing the last couple of weeks with mixed results. I believe the first "Guide Service Hook-up" was the 2nd week of May. In years past Tarpon season officially opened about the middle of June but every year has been different. We expect them to remain in our neighborhood into the middle of September. For those of you with confirmed reservations - better start practicing your double-haul (you know who you are!) So far the big silver fish haven’t quite moved up into the plug fishing areas but have been spotted heading that way. <br><br>Here’s a recap for the month of May:<br><br>Flats - While the focus has been primarily on Tarpon for the last 3 weeks, we have had some super days of Redfish & Trout fishing mixed with Ladyfish & Bluefish, Jack Crevalle & Cobia, then maybe checking the buoys for Tripletail on the way in. The wind has been a factor nearly every day making everything just a bit tougher on everybody.<br><br>Bay - Every day is a good day! They’ve limited out on Trout & Redfish, caught double-digit Tripletail (numbers & pounds) plus some of everything else which May & June are famous for. If repeat business is truly an indication of customer satisfaction then Chad, Adam, Jimmy & Junior are doing a GREAT job.<br><br>Offshore - Tony Garcia sent me a photo of their Offshore catch with Adam on 5/25 (still trying to put it up on the website) and I personally have seen some beautiful Red Snapper & Amberjack at the dock. <br><br>Something new for Tarpon fishermen! How does Deep water bait fishing for Tarpon sound to you? Several of our Bay-fishing guides are rigged & ready to hook you up this summer. A six-hour Tarpon trip for up to 4 anglers will be $400 with your choice of morning or evening trips. <br><br>Kathy Robinson<br>Robinson Brothers Guide Service<br>152 17th St. ~ Apalachicola, FL 32320<br>850-653-8896<br> www.FloridaRedfish.com<br>Robinson@FlaRedfish.com<br><br>Please accept my apologies for the amount of time that has elapsed since my last report (due to technical difficulties). Every time in the last 2 weeks that I have tried to send my report or upload photos to the website I have been kicked off-line. If I get through this with all my hair on my head it will be a surprise. Computer illiteracy is looking mighty attractive these days. <br><br><br>