Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E-E-E-NUFF (for this year)
[cool] I just couldn't let a beautiful day like Saturday go to waste, so I launched the old kick boat on Saguaro for one last shot at those fickle fishies. Shoulda stood in bed. There were no fish shallow...no trout and no bass to chase them. As I worked my way past the no boat buoys, saw an occasional fish suspended at four feet, in fifteen feet of water.

Finally made it out to the deep rocks and humps in the channel, off the western point entrance to Butcher Jones. Started seeing a few fish near the bottom in 30 feet. Tried spooning and drop shotting. Nada. Worked out to 35 feet and saw a few more isolated fish down deep. Same results. Nothing on spoons or plastic.

Chatted with a steady procession of bass boats coming in and out of Butcher Jones. Nobody had stuck a fish all morning, and I didn't see any come aboard in that part of the lake either. I did enjoy the show put on by a couple of guys in one boat. They were chucking the fabled large plastic swim baits for the bass someone told them were cruising the shallows looking for trout...a month ago. By the end of the day, those guys were either in really good shape...or totally out of it.

Score for the day...my wife and I each caught one 10" yellow bass. She caught hers at 8 AM and I got mine at 11 AM. We figured three hours between such exciting action was just a bit too long. Off the water at noon.

The weather was beautiful. Air temp went from 44 to 70. Water temp was 57 early and 58 at departure. Variable breezes and few clouds. A great day for fishing, but a bad day for catching.

I decided I am not going fishing again until next year. Now, if AZBassMan posts that he was also on Saguaro, and that he ran his Stratos up into the river channel and slayed the fish, I will give him a personal demonstration on how I fillet a large flathead...and he can be the subject.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYBODY.
[signature]
[center][Image: winner.gif]

[#ff0000][#ff0000]This Weeks Winners wins[/#ff0000] [#000000]"[/#000000][url "http://www.fishingcomics.com/"][#0000ff]The Complete Fishing Comic and Joke Book[/#0000ff][/url][#000000]”[/#000000]

[#ff0000]Week Ending 1-4-03:[/#ff0000] [/#ff0000]
[/center]

ha ha Tube Dude no such luck....I went up to Apache on Friday just knowing that those smallies will be hungry, they werent. We hit the water about 6:45 with a hard wind from the North. I figured this wind was just typical morning wind and would die after the sun came up....no luck there were good 3 to 4 foot rollers all over the lake, you know the kind with the frothy whitecaps?. Anyway thanks to Motorguide I braved the wind onslaught to see if I could pick up those smallies on those wind blown shores. That didnt work either, I guess the smallies thought the weather was to rough as well. We searched using our graph for the baitfish, but we couldnt find any that were less than 50 feet, and by this time the lake had turned into a chocolate milky mess. So off the lake we came at around 3:00 with a total of 2 small fish for me and 1 for my partner. I did talk to some guy at the ramp that said they had caught eight on inline spinners down by the damn but I am not buying it. We tried the same with no luck. Just another fish story I think.

Tube Dude,

I had a buddy that was out on Saguaro last Thursday and caught eight on spoons around the cove #1 around mid lake. He said the biggest was just under 4. I was suppose to go on Sunday but after Apache beat me up so bad I didnt feel much like fishing. Lets link up and fish soon huh?

Fish on
[signature]
[cool] Yeah, let's get together. Have your people contact my people and we'll do bass. Probably oughtta exchange personal emails to take care of the messy details.

After reading about your last venture though, I gotta let you know that my mama drowned all the dumb ones. I ain't up for any trips that are likely to involve surfboards, Arctic survival suits, ice augers or any other kinky stuff.

Seriously, it will be about two weeks before I can break free for some more on the water masochism. Gotta get a new license and take care of some "deferred maintenance" on my house and yard.

As I recall, you stuck that big fish of yours in February last year. What kind of game plan do you usually run before the fish start staging for prespawn? Do you stick with spoons until they move shallow?

I'll email you my contact info. Appreciate your reports.
[signature]
Hi [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=AZBassman;"]AZBassman[size 1] [/size][/url]

check this link out,

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=17869;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;"][size 1]How come it says Greenhorn next to my name? [/size][/url]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=AZBassman;"][/url]
[signature]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=17869;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;"][size 1]You[/size][/url] will want to make sure that you log in befor making your post.

you need lots of time on the water and fishing report post to give your Icon enough food to grow on.
[signature]
[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage0074499.gif]Surprise, AZBassMan. Here's the photo you sent me, for everyone to see. I don't know if it proves you can catch fish all the time, but it makes a good case for you being able to hang a biggun once in awhile.

I'm just getting the hang of playing with the pics, and I'm setting up my own website and picture file. Anyone who wants to post a pic, and doesn't have it already on a website, can send it to me in a Personal Message attachment and I will stick in into your post.
[signature]