Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waccamaw River Help
Anyone interested in sharing some cold weather bass fishing tips for the Waccamaw river please email me at [url "mailto:zsurawski@yahoo.com"]zsurawski@yahoo.com[/url]. Thanks!
[signature]
I would be happy to help,

Megabait came out with a new rendition of the L A Slider, "3 & 4 inch soft plastic minnows on a one quarter jig head hook size 1/0.

you can find these buy looking on our black bar above under the shopping drop dowm menue click on fishing general and look for the extreem lure banner.

these jigs look promising and few have yet to take them out on the water, so you know what it is like when you show something new in the area, the fish will go nutz over them.... good luck and let us know how you do....
[signature]
Mmmm, the Waccamaw river is a tricky place to fish for anything, simply because it's a tidal river. I'll tell you a lure that seems to work pretty good for me no matter what body of water i'm on or what time of year it is. It's a rapala, broken back, suspending, deep diver in the shad color pattern. That thing is a killer, but it has to be a broken back, regular deep divers just don't seem to dance quite enough. And fish the falling tide, that might help you out some too.
[signature]
I was wondering how the bass fishing during the colder months panned out. I use to fish the Waccamaw quite often back in the day, mostly for catfish and bream.

The past few years, i've been going to the Little Pee Dee fishing since it's closer to where I live now. I know the Waccamaw can be tricky if you don't know how to fish it. I'd love to hear some of your tactics that you've figured out over the past little while. [cool]
[signature]
Have you ever fished around the Conway area of the Waccamaw? I recently moved here and have not had any success on the Waccamaw for bass. I keep hearing this river is tricky. Are most of the bass further south? I have heard about fishing on a falling tide. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
Sorry, I can't help you with your question but I'd like to welcome you to the site[Smile].
WH2
[signature]