Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLM and WH2'S excellent adventure
Last Thursday we went up to Bear lake and tried to launch my boat, only to discover I had forgot to put the plug in. We pulled the boat back up the ramp and let it drain and tried again, this time we made it out of the marina only to find that there was a leak at the fuel bulb. I took the bulb apart and traded it with the kicker motor tank while BLM tried some fishing. No fish were caught but I finally got the
bulb changed and we tried again to go across the lake. Well the leak was stopped but the motor still would not get up to speed and we decided to head in. After going 100 yds or so I
thought it might be a stuck choke, so we stopped and checked,
sure enough it was the choke. I opened it up manually and tried one more time, this time the motor ran great and we were able to get across the lake and finally do some serious fishing. We caught 8 nice cutts and one whitefish before I thought we should head back a little early just in case. On the way back we ran out of gas, that leaky fuel bulb had leaked out almost 3 gal. of gas during the night. I had put 5 gal. in the night before and after fixing the fuel leak only 2 remained. I still had gas in my kicker motor tank, so BLM made a make shift funnel and I tried to pour the gas into the dry tank, I might have been able to get 1/2 gal into the dry tank. I started up the big gas sucking motor and we made it 3 miles before we ran out again. The night before I spent 3 hours trying to start my kicker motor and finally gave up and put my electric motor in the boat just in case. I put the electric motor on and for the next hour we slowly made our way to the marina, we finally made it to the boat launch and headed home. On the way back BLM told me of a great boat mechanic that he used, can you believe that guy, a couple of problems and he wants me to go to a mechanic, ha,ha. We did drop the boat off at his mechanic, now mine, and hopefully
the boat will be ready for some wiper fishing next year. Maybe BLM will let me take him fishing when it's fixed, do you think he will trust my boat again? It was still a great day on the water no matter what. WH2
[signature]
Sounds like my last time out in my old boat . I had a hard time getting it to run and when it started running I notice the water wasn't coming out so my pump is bad . Then I used my electric trolling motor to get around and some guy in a yacht comes right behind me and sucks up all my line from two poles in his prop and also takes my Lucky Craft lures that I paid 15 bucks for . Word were said . I don't think he could here me tho !!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I had fun! Spent more time doing other stuff than fishing but oh well.......Still a good day on the water.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Here's the Wiperhunter tangling with a Bear Lake Cutthroat![/size][/font] [center][Image: bl_12-26-02_wh2.jpg][/center] [center][/center]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3](edit) Actually, it was a good thing the plug was left out. If that plug was in, we would of had 3 gallons of gas sloshing around in the bilges. One spark and who knows what could of happened! Could of been a totally different type of report! Also sometimes I kill myself for being SLOW! WE went in on a trolling motor right? Why weren't we trolling? I know I only had my Bear Lake jigging tackle box but WH2 had a box full of raps and stuff! DOH![/size][/font]
[signature]

[Wink] WH2
Someday if you ever decide to invite me to go fishing with you. Would you give me 6 to 8 weeks notice?
So that I can take a mechanics class.
HA! Just kidden. When it rains it poors
[signature]
Hey Wiperhunter2 I knew there was a reason that we went fishing in my boat instead of yours! Unfortunately, I have also had many days similar to yours on the water. The pleasures of owning a boat, particularly boats as old as ours are.

Kent
[signature]
It was a rough day but at least we caught some fish. Hopefully my boat will soon be fixed and it will be trouble free. WH2
[signature]
When we went out in your boat I only had a 12 footer. Since I bought this boat I've had good luck at least in the summer, this was the first time I've had it out in the winter. Now I see why most people don't use their boats in the winter. The good thing is at least it will be fixed for the next outing, even if it is in the spring. WH2
[signature]

[laugh]
WH2
did you see that boat that dennis got for christmas?
Maybe you should change your thinking on boat investment!!!
[signature]
I think you are right but I need one that is not so top heavy. WH2
[signature]