Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last time out for the year!
[size 1]Started out that friday when I stopped at Master Bait to get shinners. I walk in and ask for a dozen and he tells me he's takeing a year off. I said yah right , how about my shiners and he says no really look at the 1/2 bare walls . I really don't have bait. Next morning Bobct picks me up and off to Dee's in New Haven for minnows. Nope they open at 6am. So on to Danbury we go. Get to the launch and load up, un hook the cable and safty chain to put it in the water. Wheel hits a rut on the way in that bends a prop and Ohh Ya new trailer with rollers! Picks the front up enough to send the boat right off the trailer faster than I can say it. Ok, now the sturns in 3" of water, so we try to pick it up and pull it into the water. Ya right, end up pushing the boat into the water with the trailer before anyone comes and sees us like this. On the water now the fish finder won't work. Worked fine on the ramp. Turns out only a blown fuse. North wind at 5-10 [ what happened to the sw?] We threw EVERYTHING out and tried all shapes of presentations. NOTHING. BIG SKUNK. First and now the last for me this year so I should be happy with that. The Lund took the wild ride fine and no damaged except it kicked the sending unit of the transom. Just popped it back on and replaced the fuse. New trailer works real good. [maybe to good] March can't come soon enough.
Tight lines,Bent rods. Your CT. moderator [/size]
[signature]
I know what ya mean, I hate them days when nothing goes right even if you paid some one else to do it for ya....

the lions had another sunday just like yours...LOL

its days like those I put the rod holders to work and I kick back, relax with a beer and see how much bull I can spread before I get tossed out of the boat... and say fish leave me alone....[Tongue]

I put my boat stuff away last weekend too, I might peir of bank fish once before the onset of ice but I realy doubt it...
[signature]