Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone still pheasant hunting?
Just curious to know how many people are still hunting pheasants.And if you have had any sucess.
[signature]
I am still crazy enough to chase those ditch parrots to the bitter end. The weather sure has been nice and I harvested 3 more birds over the weekend. I guess that is why I keep going. I have actually had a pretty good hunt thats 13 for the year. gshorthair
[signature]
Man i have some catching up to do to keep up with you.I am gonna give it a try this saturday depending on the weather.
[signature]
Ocean, before you go this weekend make sure you check the regulations. Most of the state closed this past sunday. There is still plenty of time to to go shoot a few chukars. On a side note I have really enjojoyed your posts about yuba this fall. gshorthair
[signature]
Yeah, give a close look at the regulations. Most of the state is now closed except for some state and federal lands in selected counties. Compared to years past, this year was a banner year for pheasants. A lot of people enjoyed success unlike anything in recent years. I thinned the flock by six this year, more than in the last six years combined. Pray for another good overwintering and nesting season. Mr. J.
[signature]
Oh i know about the closures.I know a pheasant farm were you can hunt till march at a great price.They have a lot of land and man let me tell you it gave me a workout there trying to find some birds.My dog had a blast tracking the birds down .
[signature]