Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats up Tube dude?
Hey was out in arizona this past weekend. My inlaws live out in gold canyon. Personally I am currently looking to move back to arizona. Miss all the good fishing all year. Was down at Water Dog Willys while I was out there and got my first Tube. Maybe I will see you on the water in the Near future.
[signature]
[cool] There goes the neighborhood. I hope you bring your own water with you because we don't have much.

If you are going to be living near Apache Junction, Gold Canyon or anywhere else in the East Valley, you will probably want to check out the "donut dunkin" spots on Canyon Lake and Saguaro. At least they maintain a fairly constant water level. They are both only a short drive out of town and the fishing can be good at times.

Let me know when you get here and we'll "hook up". I can get you broken in or broken down a lot more quickly than you could by your ownself. Maybe we can even get a float tube fishing club going here. They have several in California and they have tournaments and everything.

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL!
[signature]
I read the other post. Sounds rather discouraging to hear about pleasant and horseshoe. I do preffer fishing in arizona a bit more than here in california. Boulder creek on canyon lake was always a decent provider for trought, big bass during the trout plant, and some really nice crappie. But I have got to say that apache small mouths are one of my favorite targets. With not to many boaters willing to drive thier boats through the trechorouse terain I would like to get out thier and try for them on a tube.Have you ever fished willow springs? A great lake with a small craft restriction I have seen some of the largest bass up thier. Personally pulled out a twelve pounder on a basstrix about four years ago now. Lots of good lake up thier on the ridge that would make ideal tournament lakes be you cant even get a boat to them.
[signature]
[cool] I fish Saguaro a lot more than Canyon, from my tube. There are some good fish in canyon, but it's tough to get away from the "power squadron" At least at Butcher Jones, on Saguaro, there is first a "wakeless speed" buoy line and then a "no boats" area. Sometimes the big bass come way inside the no boats area and float tubers have exclusive rights at them.

You're right about Apache. Great for smallies and largies too. And those yellow bass in there seem to grow bigger than in Canyon or Saguaro. Also some big trout in Aoache, but limited access in a float tube. There's only a couple of areas you can launch. If the fish aren't near a launch area you only catch sunshine and exercise.

Willow Springs is definitely on my list of things to do, but ain't never done. Every year I swear I'm going to get up there but there's always good enough fishing closer to home tht I just don't make it. I know a couple of guys that really do well on the unmolested largemouth there though. Everybody else goes there to fish for the hatchery pets and the largemouth don't get abused much.

I also want to hit Show Low right after ice out this year, to see if I can nail one of those record size walleyes in there. That's a fish that more people catch by accident than on purpose. If you know what you are doing you can get skunked in style...or oven catch a few.

Hope you got that link for the Arizona Fishing Report site. I guess we will probably see you back over here when the spring fishing reports heat up.
[signature]