Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake 11-25 Report
Bro-in-law and I hit Fish Lake on Friday AM at first light until about noon. Fishing was fairly slow, but we did manage to boat two mac - 9 lb. and 7 lb. using large red-sides with big pop-gear. We kept the smaller one as my bro. wanted a barbeque. All marinas appeared frozen, so we launched by backing way out at Twin Creeks. Later saw that someone hacked through the ice at the lodge, so we trailered there. Fish appeared very stacked up on the runs both off Joe Bush tree and on the SW end, they are probably still spawning. Did not try jigging, as we both felt like just letting the digi-trolls work their magic and rode around eating. Water temp at Fish Lake was 41.8 on the main lake, air temp around 35 and dead calm until noon. The weather was so nice that we hit Bicknell Bottoms and jump-shot half a dozen ducks in the afternoon - see attached. Looking forward to Strawberry this week some time - anyone brave the cold up there this weekend?
[signature]
Great report! sounds like the fishing was good for you two.
i'm looking forword to makeing a trip down that way soon.. well as soon as it ice's over that is.. lol..

BTW two of them fish you got there dont look right?
[signature]
Thanks for the report on one of my old haunts. Sounds like it was a total waste of time even though the bite wasnt strong..

Btw Ron,, I think evolution must have gotten a hold of them because they've developed web feeties, feathers an wings. Darn that old evolution anyways, its always messing with our fishies![mad]
Whats next, thumbs?! That would be great tho'! Then the dang things could just release themselves!![Wink]
[signature]