Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12 Days of BFT Christmas
Well, I haven't posted anything in awhile because I haven't been fishing for several weeks. My wife just had our fourth child (a boy, 8 lbs. 0 ozs.) a few weeks ago, and he and mom are happy and healthy. Needless to say, I feel blessed.

Anywho, I haven't tried ice fishing...yet, but as I read your posts, all you guys are getting me excited to give it a shot. (Which reminds me, if anybody wants some company on the ice and doesn't mind showing a newbie some tips, PM me.)

During my lunch break today at work, while looking out at some very snowy streets and rooftops in south Orem, I waxed a little poetic and came up with my personal version of BFT's 12 Days of Christmas.

If any of you feel like creating your own versions, please feel free.

So enjoy, and here it is:

[size 3][#ff0000][font "Arial"]On the first day of Christmas
My true love sent to me
Some Boogers from HFT

On the second day of Christmas
My true love sent to me
Two Aqua-Vus
[/font]
[/#ff0000][/size][size 3][#ff0000][font "Arial"]And some Boogers from HFT

On the third day of Christmas
My true love sent to me
Three Lowrance sonars
[/font]
[font "Arial"]Two Aqua-Vus[/font]
[/#ff0000][/size][size 3][#ff0000][font "Arial"]And some Boogers from HFT

On the fourth day of Christmas
My true love sent to me
Four Minn Kota trollers
[/font]
[font "Arial"]Three Lowrance sonars[/font]
[font "Arial"]And some Boogers from HFT[/font]

[/#ff0000][/size][size 3][#ff0000][font "Arial"]On the fifth day of Christmas
My true love sent to me
Five gold-ribbed hairs ears!
[/font]
[font "Arial"]Four Minn Kota trollers[/font]
[/#ff0000][/size][font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 3]And some Boogers from HFT

On the twelfth-sixth days of Christmas
My true love sent to me
[/size][/#ff0000][/font][size 3][#ff0000][font "Arial"][font "Arial"]12 (a dozen) worms a-wigglin’[/font]
11 graphite rods a-bendin’
[/font]
[/#ff0000][/size][font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 3]10 Fuzzies freezin’ (on only 2” of ice no less [shocked][/size][/#ff0000][size 3][#ff0000][font "Arial"])[/font]
Nine corkies floatin'[/#ff0000][/size]
[/font][#ff0000][size 3]
[/size][/#ff0000][size 3][#ff0000][font "Arial"]Eight minnows dyin’ (hopefully, that is, before you transport them to your home [Wink])Seven Senkos sinkin' [/font]
[font "Arial"]Six dudes a-tubin’[/font]
[/#ff0000][/size][font "Arial"][size 3][#ff0000]Five gold-ribbed hairs ears!
[font "Arial"]Four Minn Kota trollers[/font]
[font "Arial"]And SOME BOOG-ERS FROM B-F-T!!!!!!![/font][/#ff0000][/size][/font]
[signature]
Beautifully done! I especially like the line about the minnows ... hopefully dead before you transport them home.
I love it!
[signature]
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"][black]"Six Dudes a Tubbin' .." ???????[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Oh brother. You were diggin' for that one .. he, he....[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Not bad Prince.. I am finally in the mood thanks to you.[/black][/font][/size]
[signature]
Great Post! Just what this board needed as we wait for safe ice on more lakes and the cabin fever of no fishing goes away. Way to work in all the latest posts.[Tongue] Congratulations on the new baby boy.
[signature]
I have to agree. How about 6 beers a chillin' and the dudes can stay home.
[signature]
The "six dudes a-tubin'" is my personal homage to everyone on this board who owns and uses a float tube or 'toon. Don't know what you guys are thinkin'?

Six dudes a-tubbin', as in six guys in a bath tub, sounds pretty sick and twisted to me.[unsure] [blush]

Let's keep this thread festive and light-hearted, shall we? [angelic]

Merry Christmas, all!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, I resemble that remark.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Congratulations PF. Glad all "came out" okay. Look forward to meetin' up witcha somewhere on "Frozen Pond". We'll get 'er done. Might even score a walleye or two if Utah Lake gets crusty.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Congrats on the son. There should be some days when dad takes the kids up out of the smog so mama can rest with the baby.
Ice fishing you say?

Come on up to Rockperch after it freezes and the kids can have a ball. You should have your own auger and a ice scoop but if not a small bar can often open up yesterdays hole or if you arrive at 10am or so you can fish holes others have abandoned. Pretty much the same at mantau and Jordenelle once they freeze over. Maybe Deercreek and The harbors of UT lake. Depends on whats close to you.

For the kids make some fishing sticks. Simple sticks with a bobber indicater on one end and an extra stick on the other to wrap the line around. We used to make the winding points 5 3/4" apart so one full loop was a foot.
You let out line to the bottem and when a perch hits haul the string in hand over hand and drop back to the same depth. I'll try to find a pic. The whole rig line and all should be about $3 each.
Make them from 1/2" dowel, 1 piece 24" long 1 piece 5 3/4" long 1 piece about 8" long. Epoxy the three pieces together ,n short one in the middle.to form the line wraping post. Epoxy it so the "Rod " has a 3" or so handle to the rear.
Put an eyelet on the end with a spring metal
strike indicater and the kids will be catching them so fast you won't be able to fish.
Wind them with a 12 lb or so dark colored casting line, the cheap stuff is fine. Use a 6' or so 4lb mono leader and what ever jig and meat is working that day. Ask people who are standing in a pile of fish. They will usally be pulling up again shortly and will show you.
[signature]