Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bunny huntin wyo.
I live in south west wyoming and the bunny pop is out of this world this yr,I have not hunted bunny's since I was about11-12 some thing like that,so I went and got me a new 22marlin with a cheap tasco scope after mounting the scope and doing a quick sight in job,I headed to the desert within 1mil and less than 30min's I was done 10 fine little cotton tail's no flea's which was awsome, man that was funner than eny thing legal I have done for some time LOL JUST PLAYING. cant wait till my son is big enuf to go with me.does eny one have some good bunny recipes I looked on the recipe deal but wasnt impressed to much eny recipes would be great thank's all Ashley Bonser.
[signature]
Sounds like a great day bunny huntin'! I went to the recipe board and was able to pull the rabbit recipe thread right up. I think its six or seven threads from the top and has 32 recipes.. If you ever have a reciipe request and can't find it over there, I would encourage you to ask Steve (tubeN2) in his recipe request post. he's usually really good about pulling your request to the top[Wink]. Here's a link to the Game recipe boards. [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=117"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=117[/url];
[signature]
ya cant go wrong with hossenpheffer.. onions, carrots, potatos, peas. you can go with the triditional home made saus or use cream of mushroom soup. salt, lots of black pepper..

par boil the bunnies with the onions to tender them up in a presure cooker, strip the flesh. using the same water add all the other ingredients except the black pepper. when near done, (when potatos become tender) you add the black pepper to suit.

if you go with the traditional saus take two cups of cold milk in a bowl and add a cup of self rising flower. mix the two in the bowl and let set till the taters start to tender then add saus mix to your dish.

simmer on low till desired thickness. longer you simmer the thicker it will become.

bunny and dumplings.

par boil the bunnies in a preasure cooker, strip the flesh, you can add onion in the pot when par boiling if you want to make it sweeter.

in the same water add a couple table spoons or so of butter. bring to a full boil

in a bowl use water or milk, ad salt and black pepper and just a tiny dash of cheyanne pepper. you can add other seasoning like parsly to give it a wild game look. add flower in to the fluid till you come up with a paist.

with a large spoon, spoon clumps of the paist in to the boiling watter. when done they will float.

you should do a test dumpling to make sure you have not made rock dumplings... some people like rock dumplings but I am not a fan I prefer light fluffy dumplings. if you made rock dumplings you did one of two things, you eather used regular flower or you made the dumpling mix to thick. If you made the mix to thin it will desolve when you add your dumpling mix to the water.

cook your dumplings and remove them when they are done and place them in a bowl. in the prossess of making the dumplings you will have made a broth that has simmered with the bunny,

serve dumpling in a deap plate or bowl with strips of bunny over top or along side the dumping and drip the saus over top the dumping and if you made mashed poatos you can use it as gravey for the potato as well.

southern fryd bunny

Par boil your bunny to make sure it is tender unless you know for sure it is a young bunny.

heat up a skillet with crisco vegitable shortning, not oil...

in a bowl add 2 parts flower to one part yellow corn meal (self rising is best) salt black pepper onion salt a tiny dasy of chyanne pepper and a dash of garlic pouder if you like.

when bunny has become tender remove from the preasure cooker on to a plate or colender to allow to semi drain.

dip bunny in the mix and lay in to the skillet and cook till desired crispness.

when the bunny is done take the remaining mix and add to the shortning and brown, once brown pour milk in the sizziling flower and simmer constantly sturing on medium heat till desired thickness.

there is a big o'l hair in my eggs...

again par boil the bunny to be sure he is tender.

in a skillet thow in a big ol onion brocllie grean beans coliflower and potato if you like along with the bunny par boiled or not cut in to strips.

cook on medium low with butter as your cooking medium, not much cause you are going to have fluids from your vegitables. place a lid over your garden omlet and cook till done then crack a few eggs in to the skillet and cover with a lid and allow to cook on medium low till eggs are done.

serve along side with your favorite seasonings, salt pepper catchup red hot saus, what ever it may be... Biscuts and honey go well with this dish and gives you the excuse to buy another jar of honey the next time you go the the orchard to pick apples. Hot black coffee and if I am fealing like a porker a couple stirps of bacon on the side for desert.... and a glass of grapfruit juice...

==========

you can leave a peice of bunny in the water to be minced up to make a pot of soup for lunch to searve with your penut butter sandwiches...

simple carots onion potato seasoning to taist and egg noodles if you desire after it has cooked. just bring to a boil after it has simmered all morning add egg noodles and when they are done surve. only takes a couple to cook noodles.

==========

left over soup can be turned in to a casserol by adding peas more egg noodles when the noodles are done place in a casseroll dish add a can or two of cream of mushroom soup and bake, you may even want to just before serving top it off with parmesan cheese or shredded cheddar and or mozzerella....
[signature]
Hey thank's a ton guy's I will be trying some of these recipes very soon keep me fat for winter.lol thank's again ashley.
[signature]