Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicken Fishing
[cool][#0000ff]Since fishing (and tubing) is a bit slower these days, we are looking for ways to keep our casting and catching skills in tune. And, since we are all a bit wacko during the "silly season", here is something to chortle about.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://www.conknet.com/~b_bull/special/chickenfishing.html"]CHICKEN FISHING[/url][/#0000ff]
[signature]
GOOD ONE TD [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

AT
[signature]
That guy is crazy!

Not you, TD. The guy in the pictures.

z~
[signature]
Tube,

Is it catch and release only or can you keep a couple for the pot? I could use a couple of nice capes and Saddles for my fly tying addiction. Must be tough to unhook them with those sharp clawed feet flailing away at you.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]C & R depends on whose barnyard you are fishing in, and how good of terms you're on with the owner. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If it was me, I'd be keeping those barred Plymouth Rock chickens for both the meat and the feathers. Love to eat chicken and I use a lot of grizzly feathers for tying.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you have a problem with "bird control", after hooking, I suppose you could use a small whacker. Don't know if my Berkeley lip gripper would work. I've been told that chickens don't got lips. If you hooked into one of those fighting roosters, with the sharpened metal spurs on, you might be in for some "weight loss" before you could get it quieted down.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Every time I think I have seen it all, something else reminds me that I ain't seen nothing yet! TubeDude, don't know how you came across this, but, man I just don't know what else to say.

Sleep well tonight, guys!
[url "http://tubintimes.mywowbb.com"]http://tubintimes.mywowbb.com[/url]
[signature]
I don't know which model of Lip Ripper you have but mine is labeled in great detail.

On one side of it, it says that it is best for grabbing the mouth on fin creatures.

On the other side of it, it is clearly stated that the ringed shape is intended for the neck of feathery creatures.

Some of the sporties use them to hold on to the Seagulls to retrieve their fly lined chovies.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Don't know as I would ever wanna handle any of them "sea chickens" (different than chicken of the sea) without something mechanical. They are nasty and got sharp beaks. I have hooked my share...and plenty of other folks' too. In fresh water I have hooked up with a few grebes. Those babies gots red eyes and stab at you with those spearpoint beaks. 10 foot poles (applied vigorously) are handy for them.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
LOL.
I have another fishing gem for you folks:

1)Take six 1/0 treble hooks.
2)Tie them to a long length of handline
3)Worm a wallet onto the hooks
4)Take a $20 bill and carefuly place it in the wallet so as to leave an end protruding to attract attention.
5)Place the wallet in your back pocket, making certain that the $20 is visible.
6)Go late night trolling on the subways and see how long you can hold your catch for.

Man, i am gonna have an exciting winter!

-ABT-
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You're a sorry, sick S.O.B. I guess that's why you fit in here. Love it. Not sure I'll give it a try though. Never know what kind of "bottom dwellers" hang out in those places.[/#0000ff]
[signature]