Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New fishermen in town
New to the board here so I figured I would give a little area info.

My dad and I mainly fish the Cheatham dam area and TVA cumberland. We have been to the dam a few times in the last month or two and haven't really had any bad days other than the weather... It's been 2 weeks since we were there last but have managed to hook a few nice strippers but haven't been fortunate enough to land a big one yet. Sauger and white bass have been pretty plentifull for us but the white bass bite seems to have died off for us the last few weeks. As for TVA cumberland, the Cherokees and strippers are still bitting good. We have been there the past 2 weekends and had pretty good luck. Haven't personally landed any big ones but have seen a few pulled in. We showed up yesterday about 11am just as a guy was pulling in an 18 pounder. We struck out yesterday ourselves but the bite wasn't too bad. Been a pretty good few weeks fishing in our area and I hope it stays that way for a few more.

We are planning on going to the Cheatham dam this Saturday around noonish and maybe Sunday if the bite is still on. Going to try again on the generator side (can't remember which bank it's called) so come on down and try your luck. Just look for a long-haired guy fishing with his dad and stop by and say hi....
[signature]
welcome to BFT!

I fish as much as i can and have been hitting the cheatam lake/dam area as much as time permits. Mostly weekends, since i put in 12-13 hour days during the week. (commuting to Antioch sucks!) lol

I usually have my 3yr old boxer with me. I'll come over and give ya a shout if i make it over there this weekend.

cyas
rc
That would be cool, we have decided we are going to start trying there from now on. We went Saturday, Sunday and today to the TVA and didn't do too well. I did manage to get a 2 - 2 1/4 pound white bass so at least I had something worth filleting today. I'm still waiting to hook that big stripper and land it. Would be nice to get one before the new year...
[signature]
i may actually go down on friday night. It will depend on how late i end up having to work on friday.
Hopefully you have better luck than us if you went. We just got back and all the bait fish are gone on the left bank. No more skip-jacks or schools of shad. I don't know if they got pushed farther down river since they had 2 generators running today after 12pm but they were still there the last time they had 2 cranked open and we were there. We tried for maybe an hour and called it quits. Not a single bite the whole time so I think we are done going there for the rest of the year.

My dad went by tva cumberland this morning and had a few nice hits. He didn't land anything but he saw a few stippers caught. Said the biggest was running a little better than 10 pounds or so. I think we will probably stay there till the bite changes at the dam or untill spring time. At least the bait fish are still hanging around the warmer water there.
[signature]
well, i had to work early today (5 am), so no fishing last night. [unsure]

thanks for the update. I have yet to go over to tva, will try it out over there sometime...it's twice as far to drive for me [Sad]

will post up if i get out and have any news.

cyas
rc
Not sure which direction you are coming from but my dad and I are in Clarksville so it's actually about 20 minutes closer to tva cumberland. We have been fishing there the past week almost every other day or so. Saturday I went by myself and caught 2 keeper rock fish and a really nice white bass. We have been catching around 10-15 white bass almost every visit so the freezer is finally starting to fill up. The catfish bit isn't too bad there either, if you catch one there they are running between 7-20 pounds right now. Haven't really seen anything much smaller caught so far. Gas money is a little tight right now but we should be able to get back down there next week. Hope the bite is still good then.
[signature]
welcome to the tn board looking forward to seeing your area soon if you like crappie reelfoot has a run comeing soon and fishing will be great.
[signature]