Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisiana Lump season is here
This past saturday we made an early season trip to the lump just to see if they were there yet. We had been catching tuna foew the previous weeks in the area of the lump so we decided that i just may be time to give the chumming a try.

We found good conditions on the lump and did eventually get two good tuna bites, loosing both before they hit the boat.

The important thing about this trip is that it told us there were tuna there and that the big run should start any day now.
[signature]
thanks for the report, it is good to hear fishing is slowly getting back to normal, are you with a charter or fishing on your own?

welcome to bigfishtackle,
Happy Holidays,,,,
[signature]
Dave, I do run a charter operation but when the boat is not booked I still enjoy the thrill of the hunt for myself.

I want to correct you on one thing ........ the fishing is not slowly returning to normal. We have been battleing this since the storms and CNN decided to paint the area as nothing but doom and gloom.

The fishing is great, it is almost like the lack of anglers on the water has left a hole in the food chain. The fishing since the storms has been outstanding and there has been little pressure on the stock.

The physical, man made structures were hurt, the land mass of the marsh suffered a big blow but the fish and other wildlife of the marsh have flourished since the storms.

I am still getting calls from people that want to know when the water wil clear up (ie; be free of toxins that make your hair green) No such thing happened here, despite what CNN and Anderson Cooper may have told the world. We are here, it just seems like everyone else has been scared off.

Please help spread the word that New Orleans is surrounded by Louisiana Marsh but it is not on the coast and has nothing to do with our fishing. We are here and looking forward to you joining us for a 'little something extra'

Merry Christmas all .........
[signature]
thanks for clueing us in, up here in michigan all we have seen is how bad things are down there, nothing about what is restored and running,

I agree the way media covered this one would think new orleans was the state and louisiana was the city. I have a buddy who lived in a town 40 miles north east of orleans that was wiped off its foundations. "litteraly the entire town was washed out to sea".

You are welcome to post your charter info here on this board and aso on our [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=75;"][#000000][size 1]Advertisers Board[/size][/#000000][/url]
along with our [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=76;"][#000000][size 1]Charter & Guide Reviews[/size][/#000000][/url] board.

We love to hear from charter guides when ever you get a chance to post a line or two.

What is your buisness name and what port are you fishing out of?
[signature]
Dave, I run Reel Screamers Guide Service

www.reelscreamers.com

Thanks for the welcome and the invite. I have actually been a member of the site for some time but just now finding times to post reports since business is soo slow.

We are currently running out of Port Fourchon. The home port is Grand Isle but all of the Marinas there suffered major damage.

Now do not get me wrong, there are things that are tore up. My place on Grand Isle was washed out to sea as well. What little bit was left ...... the neighbors mobile home was sitting on top of it. But at the same time we are not gone. I am still getting calls from out of state clients that are asking me when the water will clean up (toxins) so they can come back and see us. The media did a great job of tearing us apart, I wonder if there might be a civil action there????

Again thanks for the welcome and I will try to post every chance I get.
[signature]
probably not, but there is one silver lining to the negitive coverage and that is it makes it hard for our governments to duck and doge thier shortcommings and inemptness in handling our own home land sucurity desaster.

maybe it might be a good idea to let your local news know your are still opperating and the report will leak out across the country. who knows, they may even want to do a feature story about how you heald up though the ordeal.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey RS, I have been wondering how my favorite fishing hole was doing. I spent several months working out of N'awlins back in 1990. Really developed a likin' for all the different species down there...fresh, brackish and salt. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Like most folks, I was overwhelmed with all of the destruction I saw on the media, because of the storm. Some of my old launching spots (like Buras) really got clobbered. I loved Grand Isle too, and wondered about it getting hammered with the low elevation and all. Sorry about your personal losses.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]What size are the tuna running, and how about those big tarpon that come in out there. When is the best time for those?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Tube the tuna at the lump have been on fire, they really are doing good.

With that said, I have to say taht we had our first SKUNK on yellowfin Friday. ( thats for the 05 /06 season) We did cath several yellowfin and another boat caught a 229 yellowfin but they were few and far between Friday with very rough conditions.

The tarpon usually come in during the spring and summer.
[signature]