Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
?? ICE ??
How's the ice looking?
We just got dumped on last night with 4 inches of wet heavy snow.
The ice my NOT be safe. Does anyone have any reports on ice thickness?
[signature]
7 inches of snow at my house,
the weight has forced the river to flow on top the ice again, I will be on the lake by christmas day now, maybe not the canal but the lake for sure...

I passed by long lake about an hour ago, they are fishing there but you will need 4 wheel drive or a plow to get in the parking lot...
[signature]
[Sad] No Ice here in the East coast (Maritimes)
[signature]
We had 5" up untill the snow hit in the mid michigan area , I'm not sure now but will find out during the week [cool] .
[signature]
We have snow..but very little ice..not thick enough to walk on..yet
Hopefully in January
[signature]
Here in MN around my area we have reports of lakes ranging from 7-18". one in particular full size vehicle have been driving on it for about 3 weeks now.
[signature]
Yeah..yeah..nobody likes a bragger...[Wink]
[signature]
I tried going out on my lake today about sundown. I found two inches of ice and 4 inches of slush on top the ice.

we had two snow storms 6 & 7 inches apeice in the last couple weeks, they just made a blanket on my lake and kept the lake from doing any more freezing, I dont dare walk out past 3 feet deap, not unless I want an ice cold bath...

I did at least wet my line, even if I could only get about two feet of it down the hole...
[signature]
[cool][cool][cool] Friday I have off so two of us are headed to a small lake that holds some nice crappie. Most of the lakes around here have at least 4" on them it's been very cold with little snow cover to slow thing up. Temps. here on Fri. will go up to 35 deg. after a start in the teens. We'll do a thickness check before driving out with the Quads if it is to thin for them we'll walk to our honey hole spot it's not far. The distance into this lake is long so the ATV's are great, the way out is all up hill. Chief
[signature]
I can remember when I was a kid we would have to walk 10 miles to and back from our honey hole in 3 feet of snow bear foot up hill both ways.[Tongue]

good luck, I got out today and pulled in a couple small ones for dinner and my first entry for the contest. I will go for trophies later.... soon as my lake settles in...
[signature]
Send that ice down here to the metro area!

Up until today's heatwave, I was getting reports of 4-6 inches of ice, despite the 7 inches of heavy, wet snow.
[signature]