Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TVA Cumberland Fishing
Fishing is still going well at tva cumberland steam plant. The larger rock fish and catfish are kinda few and far between but they are still there. The sauger bite has seemed to slow a bit (don't fish them myself, just the people I see fish them). The white bass bite is still good though. We have been down there about 6 times in the past 2 weeks and had some really good days for white bass. They are running pretty regular right now around noon to 2pm, might bite at other times but we fish the mid-day bite. Not too many small ones and the large ones are kinda scarce but most are running 1-2 lb range that we have been catching. Last visit yesterday, we caught 15 before our fingers got numb and decided to leave. Wasn't a bad haul with 23 lbs of fish.... The small rock fish and hybrids are running in schools so we get a few from time to time.

All in all, the fishing is still going good there as long as you can deal with the weather and the cold winds.
[signature]
nice to hear that ,welcome i have been down a while but looking forward to fishing up that way soon .ever fish reelfoot ?
[signature]
i was over at tva cumberland for several hours yesterday afternoon, caught tons of skipjack, i must say they are a load of fun when you get into the bigger ones on an ultralight...my arms were sore! [cool]
I did not catch anything else but i was using larger chunks of cut skipjack, whole skipjack (from 5-10 inches) and large heads, hoping for something bigger. Next time i'll use smaller baits and maybe i can get into a few of those white bass.
Pretty dissapointed with the bite today. I figured a nice warm partly sunny day and we would be killing the white bass but not a single one. I was pretty ticked off about it. When we got there this morning there were probably 30 people on the banks and our regular spot was taken for about 2 hours. My dad managed to catch 6 small rock fish and I caught 2 small hybrids but not a single white bass all day. We only saw 2 caught were we usually fish them so I guess the weather really had them messed up today. Probably going to give it a go at the dam on saturday or sunday, hope the bite is back on up there. I have been checking the water release schedule and it looks like they have been running only 1 generator part of the day so maybe the slow water flow has brought the white bass and baitfish back up there. Guess we will find out this weekend...
[signature]
Not sure where reelfoot is Daymere. We are pretty new to the area and have only found a few places producing fish this time of year. I have been talking with people we meet when we are out fishing but most of the places they recommend are a pretty good drive away from us. Hopefully when the days start to get longer again we can explore a little farther away from home.
[signature]
reelfoot is in wtn if you are up this way and i will take you
[signature]
Was nice to meet you the other evening Carnie. I ended up staying for a few hours. fishing was so slo, everyone else bailed (that i could see...lol) within the first hour....i only had one hit the whole time. That warm wind felt nice tho. MAN, there sure are a lot of cats/kittens that hang out there at night!

cyas
rc