Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the biggest fish you ever caught on a Fly?
This was on here some time back but got nixed with the rest so here it is again, list your biggest fish you have caught with a fly on a fly rod.

this is my altime biggest fly rod catch. 45 minutes of in and outs with this brute,

it weighted in at 42 pounds. about broke my back weighting this thing.

I wound up with the second place state of michigan catch and release record for the year with this mamoth...

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=13631;]
[signature]
This isn't the biggest, but the next runner up. The biggest was over 30", but, the wind kicked up and white caps so it was everything I could do to measure and let go. Continental Divide, Henry's Lake. 6wt with intermediate line, BS hot chocolate. Oh yah, I'm 5'8" tall to help put into perspective.

[url "http://www.pbase.com/albot/henrys_lake_2005_"][/url] [url "http://www.pbase.com/albot/image/48908131"][Image: 48908131.HenrysLakeCutt.jpg][/url]

[url "http://www.pbase.com/albot/henrys_lake_2005_"][/url]
[signature]
That is a dandy, ya got some real bragging rights there one...

congrats, I am looking forward to a trout like that my self. first I will have to move to an area that can suport a trout like that...
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]The largest fish caught was a 3 hander Steelhead. Say what? Well I don’t bother putting a tape on my catch I just measure them by my hand span which is 9¼”. Have never weighed any catch. Have no friends that fish or would care to know. When my wife was living she only cared that I had a good time and caught some fish. It wouldn’t matter whether I caught a minnow or a whale. Who needs bragging rights when you fish solo? lol.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[inline "Really big fish copy.jpg"]
First liar ain't got a chance........[Tongue][Tongue][Tongue]
Upper Provo river. Right before the falls. Wink, Wink, nudge, nudge.
[signature]
that is about the size of the blue gills I was pulling out of a 6 inch hole while ice fishing last week.[Wink][Wink] [Tongue][Tongue] [sly][sly]
[signature]
[unsure][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Hey there smallmouth89, unfortunately all good things must come to an end. Years ago I had a great spot on the Snoqualmie River in Wa. After one of their many 100 year storms the river in that area was dramatically altered. Fishing was never the same[/size][/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4].[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=13814;]
[signature]
ooooh ;that would be nice, I am still looking for my first 10 pound bass on any thing.

I fought one for about 10 years on a farm pond, Ya just gotta love them farm ponds. I hooked in to him several times only to loose my lure to him, one day I even lost my zebco rod to him, Ya know the old fiberglass spinning rod style... I couldnt tell ya how many carp I pulled in with that rod.

I did get to hold that bass one day before the developers got hold of the farm and turned it in to a sub. he went un cought, he was every bit 30 inches long measuring with a tape, I know he went 12-14 maybe even 15 pounds could be more, we did not have a scale.

How I got to hold him was from a winter kill. the winter of 77-78 created 3-5 feet of ice that year in my area, the pond was 20 feet deep at its deapest end. so when the ice melted he came ashore just as soon as the ice seperated from the shore. I was fairly young at the time so I didnt know to measure the girth to gain a weight estamate.

even though I did not get credit for landing and releaseing him I can say I did have the honors of of meeting up with him a couple times.
[signature]
on the up side there has to be a beginning to all good things as well, so when I get to Tenn I am going to build my own privet hybred gill pond.

some of them red ears down there get to 17 inches long... land one of those on a fly rod...[Tongue]
[signature]