Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry 12/28 BLM HOT STICK
Me, BLM and TKB headed to the secret spot at 0'Dark:30 this AM. Met up with BLM's friend the Big Bad Wolf and his son T (I can't spell his name so his name is now T). (hint, bring your own TP if you need to use the restrooms, thanks for the napkins C/Ler). Met Crestliner, his son and his friend Blake at the launch at first light. Headed to secret spot 07:25. Blake had two before the rest of us were even set-up. Fishing was not hot, except for BLM (keep reading for more info) but me and TKB did manage a dozen before 09:00. I took off to find me the big Bow that would win me fame and fortune in the challange. I found 6' of water off a nice looking point and caught two Cutt's, moved out to 9' of water and caught 3 Cutts. Moved to 26' of water off a nice looking ledge and caught 12 more stinking, stupid non Bow Cutt's. Here's one of the typical size we got. Just because everyone likes pictures.

[inline IFG01.jpg]

About 2 hours later TKB ran in to check on me and said things had slowed way down on SP1 for everyone except BLM. They decided to check out the now named secret spot two (SP2). We nickled and dimed them for and hour or so, with the obvious exception of BLM who continued his slaying ways. (did I mention I hate BLM?) I got fed up with being schooled by an inferior fisherman to myself and ran away from the masses to be alone in the search of the one fish that would set me apart from the rest of them. Picture of TKB, because everyone likes pictures.

[inline Brandon.jpg]
Moved way inside and found 4-9 feet of water, marked the spots on the GPS, they are now named REN0FISH. Because there were zero fish. Got sick of fishing for nothing so went back out to join the masses at SP2. With both daylight and my hopes fading for the one big Bow, or any freakin Bow for that matter, we fished for another 45 mins and called it quits. One more picture of me with a fish. Why? Because everyone likes pictures.
[inline IFG02.jpg]

Most fish were well within the slot except early on. Both TKB and BLM got some 14"-16" Cutts which is nice to see smaller fish too. At least we have different age classes in the lake. TKB got a few nice colorfull Cutt's which I didn't get a picture of because I was very busy getting Jeffed at the time.

Final count:

IFG 30

TKB 36

BLM well over 60

The Wolf's kid T - a lot

The Wolf - Less than his kid but more then IFG

IFG
Yee, haw!
I see snowmobiles - got away from the big crowds and made a small one of your own, huh? IFG - did you use the light weight rod that HFT made for you? I may have missed it - what were you using?
Congrats, guys! I hope to head up there Sat. with snow machines also.
[signature]
I did use the rod James made for me and it worked great. Not as well as BLM's obviously, but great none the less. I started out with a with a white jig (Strawberry Special) then switched to a Rainbow tube, then to a glow straight green (Dan's Magic). None seemed to work better than the other but all caught fish.

When I went Bow fishing I switched to what BLM was using (ask him I don't kiss and tell) loaded with green (because I can't spell chartruse) Power Bait and meal worms and still caught Cutt's.

TKB used Mean Joe with a paddle bug, white tube and other things, you'll have to ask him what got more. One thing TKB noticed is, he started to sudo-jeff, that is Jeff, with the intent on drawing more fish in. It worked for him, all I did was lose my bait. I was using the reel up and drop down method and it worked at times. If you really want to know the secret tell BLM to post his pics and story. Did I mention I hate him?

IFG
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I believe IFG has grossly over estimated the amount of fish I caught. Let's just say I kept up with everyone else. What a great trip! It was fun to get the snowmobiles out and get away from the crowds. The fishing was as good as you could ask for. We also caught some very nice fish. Here are some pics of the fish taken on my camera:[/size][/black][/font]

[center] [inline SB_1.JPG][/center] [center] [/center] [center]JM Wolf and his nice 24" Cutthroat[/center] [center]
[/center] [center] [/center] [center][inline sb_2.JPG][/center] [center] [/center] [center]Rainbow or Cutt? A very nice 23" fish[/center] [center]
[/center] [center] [/center] [center][inline sb_3.JPG][/center] [center] [/center] [center]22" Cutthroat[/center] [center]
[/center] [center] [/center] [center][inline sb_4.JPG][/center] [center] [/center] [center]Again, Rainbow or Cutthroat? A chucky 23+" fish[/center] [center]
[/center] [center] [/center] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]All the fish above were well over the slot and all fish were photographed and release.[/size][/black][/font][/left]
[signature]
Yea right. You are now the bus driver because you took us all to school. And that's the non schizzel, nizzel.

IFG
Fishin while I'm workin[unsure], did I say I hate you guys. Well, its almost time for moi to make the pilgramage to the secret spot(both of them). The lessons and the butt kickin is coming.

Oh BTW, nice fish.[Tongue]

[signature]
Was a fun day to be out and about. Always fun to fish with the IFG and the BLM. Rich took us to the rack today! He just kept a sticking them little cutts like they were giddy school girls following the New Kids on the Block!

Rich picked up this sweet custom ice rod that couldn't take the fight in that big cutt. It went SNAPO! I was standing right there and had to pitch in to help land the hawg when the rod gave up the ghost.

Sure was a fun trip. Just be careful around the pressure ridges.
[signature]
Hey how come someone for got to tell me about this great trip to the Berry before it happened. If I wasn’t able to make it at least I could have been wish’n I was there. Good to see you got in to some nice fish. Too bad about the pole.
[signature]
[unimpressed]Man I am so envious of you guys, I havent gotten out at all this year. But I do have the bug, but still have to fix one of the sleds before I can go, thanks for the post and the pics, it was wonderful reading.
[signature]
Sweeeet!
[signature]
IFG- Nice pics..... why, because we all like pics! Sounds like u all had fun and plenty of fish. I can't wait to get back up there! Were those pics taken with the new camera that Santa was supposed to bring you?
[signature]
I would like to thank BLM, IFG, and TKB for the great time at strawberry. Me (BBW) and "T" (formally known as Teague) had a great fishing experience, although T did out fish me it is always great to catch 20+ fish and be able to call it a "slow day". It doesn't get any better than that! I've been trying to come up with a new user I.D. and would like to thank IFG for the great idea!
[signature]
Great pics guys! What are the snow conditions like? Can you still get around on a 4 wheeler? Has the new snow pushed up the slush layer yet?
[signature]
As of yesterday there was no slush, and not a lot of snow. We are supposed to get more weather soon, so that can change rapidly as you know. A good snowstorm will make slush, and 4 wheelers a problem.
[signature]
I am heading up to the Berry over the weekend. I also noticed that you have snowmobiles out on the ice at your "secret spot." Did you get there across the bay at the marina or did you have to take the road around. I am really hoping that there is enough ice to use my snowmobiles this weekend to get to some of my "secret" spots. Also, is there open water?

Thanks.
[signature]
We rode across the bay. Just be careful around the pressure ridges. There was some open water near a couple of them. If you still are a little unsure, you can take the road just fine.
[signature]
That is the best report ive read on the berry BLM 60+fish that is great im going this weekend hope i do that good [Smile]
[signature]
Way to go Guys . Wish I could of tagged along but work was calling my name . BLM , those are cutts and some nice ones at that . I might make a trip this weekend to see if I can hook a bigger fish . Hey thanks for the pics . [Wink]
[signature]
hey killer were haded up tommorow taking the machines and a bunch of first timers if i take the road over to renagade where from there and how far is it to renagade thanks for any info and gps cordances.
[signature]