Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF BELMONT PIER IS STILL OPEN
THE LAST TIME I WENT TO THE PIER I HEARD THAT THEY WERE CLOSING THE BAIT SHOP AND THE REST OF THE PIER WAS NEXT ITS A SHAME BECAUSE I WAS RAISED ON IT AND TO SEE IT GO IS VERY SAD I HOPE ITS NOT TRUE I WANTED TO RAISE MY BOYS ON IT LIKE MY DAD DID ME HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE JIMMY'S AT NOW I HEARD HE'S AT ANOTHER BAIT SHOP DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE [cool]
[signature]
halibutralph,
I am hoping your information is a hokes! The Belmont Pier has a lot of historical significance. It was originaly built in 1915 and the current pier was built in 1966. This pier is an area of Long Beach that is almost a community in its self. I have not found any info on if it is going to close or if it has closed to give you. I wish I did. You might want to post this question on the California board. This will get more local members of the BFT boards a chance to check it out and give you an acurate and full answer.
Also I want to: WELCOME YOU TO THE GREAT AND GROWING BFT MESSAGE BOARDS!
I will be looking forward to your future posts and replys.
Again WELCOME ABOARD!
[signature]
[size 2][size 1]Hello HalibutRalph,[/size]

[size 1]WOW! That's the first I've heard of that, I can't imagine it could be true. I don't know Jimmy but will ask around and post back with my findings.[/size]

[size 1]It seems that even if they are closing it, it would only be to rebuild it, if you remember a few years back (15 or so) they closed almost all of downtown Huntington Beach and completely rebuilt it. I am sure the old school surfers liked it just fine the way it was back in the day but the new downtown H.B. and pier is great and the surfing and fishing hasn't changed. That being said, if they are rebuilding I hope your friend Jimmy got a sweet deal on the new pier spot for his Tackle Store to be back bigger and better then ever!!![/size][/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hi Halibutralph,

The Belmont Pier's bait store is closed but you can fish there still as for now. The pier was closed for remodeling. I guess they are trying to make it a lovers pier or something like that? Big Carousel in the entrance area to the pier with maybe a restaurant at the end. There was a sign on the bait shop that said they are going to have a meeting to see if Long Beach even has enough budget for it! They should've done that before they closed the bait shop. This whole thing has been going on for a couple of years now and when it does close, there will be no fishing on the pier for a year!

The Belmont Pier is where most of us get the good sized Smelts.

Kiyo
[signature]