Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decision: Fishing based Deck Boat or Pontoon boat?
If anyone has some input on either I would appriciate it. Thanks, Happy new year!
[signature]
I'm also making a decision this new year on what boat I want to buy. Having fished on a pontoon boat and found it quite roomy and stable. For me I would need to leave one in a lake for the season. But my fishing at this point makes me trailer to different lakes every weekend. So I'm leaning towards A boat that is easier to launch. I did enjoy the poontoons for family fun as well as fishing, which I really can't do on the boat I have now. To sum up, if I had a place on the lake or a marina to keep it at a faverite lake I would probable get a pontoon for all around fun. I don't so it looks like another Lund for me. Good Luck
[signature]
this will make the disision for you,

if you are planning on staying on the same lake and not going anywhere else and you are not planning on moving any time soon, pontoon is the way to go.

if you are planning on moving, you want to fish other lakes, then any other type of boat will suit you better.

on a good lake you can get half dozen or so anglers jigging for walleye perch ect. boats with back decks are good for pulling up salmon big cats and stergeon.
[signature]