Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry with Kentofnsl 1/2/2006

Went to Strawberry today with Kentofnsl and it was great! We arrived before daylight and hiked out to a place north of the marina in about 26 feet of water. The action was fast until about 1:00 or 2:00 when it slowed down somewhat. We ended up icing 33 fish, with Kent catching 19 of those. Conditions were icy, snowy, slushy and cold and Kents ice shack made it very nice even with 3 inches of water on the floor! I took a few pictures and have attached my favorite of Kent with his big fish of the day, a nice 21.5 incher.
Thanks again Kent, it was awesome!!!
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
So thats where you guys ended up,thought you were going to Pelican.Sure hope it freezes up
(the slush)before next weekend[Smile]
[signature]
It was a pleasure fishing with you Randy. Nice looking fish, but not one of my better poses.
[signature]
The ride in the snow was bad enough just making it to Strawberry, we didn't want to punish ourselves any further by driving through snow all the way to Pelican.
[signature]
Can't say I blame you for not wanting to make the drive to Pelican. I would have rather been fishing yesterday, but it sounds like I didn't miss much with the driving.
[signature]
Thats a great poses Kent, it looks like you were going for BLM look, you know, that lofty, far away look. I think you got it down pat.
[signature]
Had one interesting experience on the ice yesterday. I rarely go fishing without trying something that I have never or rarely tried before. Early in the PM the fishing slowed down considerably; however we were still seeing a few fish on the bottom (we were fishing in 26 feet of water). I tied on a hook, with absolutely no other weight, and put on a chunk of minnow and let it drift to the bottom. I immediately caught a nice cutt. I repeated the process two other times and quickly caught two more fish. After that the fish seemed to move for awhile, but it was fun while it lasted. I made the comment to Randy that I had all of those expensive jigs and lures in several tackle boxes with me and that I was catching fish on a hook with a chunk of minnow!
[signature]
Hey Kent, you have discoverd one of my secrets for fishing the berry after it has been froze for about a month or so. I use no weights with just a wax worm on a salmon egg hook. good discovery, it works well when the fish have been presured.
later chuck
[signature]
Chuck, your secret is safe with me!
[signature]
Hey Chuck, did you make it up to Rockport yesterday?
[signature]