Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with lure making
I have been trying to locate the molds for the two "jigging spoons" pictured here. I have checked DO-it molds as well as other commercial mold making sites. I have even attempted to carve my own by hand out of [black]aluminum[/black] block.

The second question I have is the paint on the fat shad lure pictured. It is like a mirrored paint/ dip or something. Unfortunately the maker of this lure has passed and from what I have been told took the process with him.

I would appreciate any insight to the location of a custom or commercial mold as well as the technique used for the mirror type paint.
that paint kind of looks like lure tape.
[signature]
The thin one is holographic lure tape the bottom fat lure is not, it is a type or paint or something?
[signature]
ok you dip them in vinal white then take eny screan ,after base coat is dry. then you need the screan mesh lay it over the jig give it a spray of your favorite color and then dip it in a purl,glow chart or what ever color trip's your triger you can even use your base color again it doesnt matter Iwill try to post some pic's of some spoon's that I have done if I can figure it out for your mold's look in barlow's thay have some mold's then try delmart mold's thay will make what ever you need for a little money hope that help's later fishley.
[signature]