Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's one for you
Has anyone seen the new UTAH proclaimation yet. Check it out, Grandpa and grand son holding a nice big trout, only problem is, that trout was taken at Henry's Lake in Idaho. What's wrong with this picture?
[signature]
Yea I saw it. I wonder if Idaho paid an advertising fee for it. There have been so many big fish taken out of Utah this year, I wonder why they went with this picture.

katghoti
[signature]
...and really, why is it a big deal?

Most people won't know it's not in Utah. Those that do know it's not in Utah probably won't care, just like me.
[signature]
I was born and raised in Idaho but, live now in Utah and as mentioned before, we have plenty of nice fish here. I have brother in-law (born and raised in Utah and now lives in Idaho) that is constantly ragging on us for going up to Idaho and taking their trophy Trout. Ironic I know.
This picture bothers me for a couple of reasons: 1. As mentioned we have plenty Trophy fish here 2. Henry's doen't need the extra pressure. 3. Why not put a Marlin or Sail fish on it in that case.
The proclamation is for Utah, beautiful Utah, lets keep it in our own yard.
As far as outsiders finding out about it, I have a feeling that it has already been picked up by the media. I visit several other forums and alot of unhappy fishermen out there about this.
[signature]
Cardiac made the same statement about the marlin...ironic.

The only fisherman I've observed upset are the ones that complain about everything over at uotf. The point has also been made that previous proclomations have had non-Utah images on the cover and it has never been a media frenzy or problem before.

Do you really think an Idaho caught fish on the Utah proc, which most people won't even notice, will increase fishing pressure? I'm well aware of the trophy fishing at Henry's yet I've never been. I know about it from articles in magazines boasting how great it is, other fisherman boasting how great it is, and Idaho boasting how great it is. If it does recieve increased pressure it's from making a big deal out of nothing, people just can't resist wondering what all the fuss is about.
[signature]
I don't think it's going to bring any more pressure to Henrys.

Now you say the only ones getting upset are the UOTF guys because they like to bitch, why do you seem so upset about their opinions? It's really no big deal. According to you. You have your opinion.

Previous procs have had other covers
1.- The Turkey Proclamation cover was supplied by the National Wild Turkey Federation.
Yes you're correct, do you know anyone that hunts turkey?
2.- The fishing proc cover shot from 2 years ago a national fishing promotion- Yes a national fishing promotion.
Points taken.
I think reading the posts on the other board, most of the guys think it's hilarious.. What more do you want.
[signature]
Itchys, you are probably right about the pressure thing. This is just a forum where everyone gives their thoughts about topics. You have given you opinion and you are entitled to that.
[signature]
This is a discussion forum, not just a place to slap your opinion down and that's it. I rarely like to get into discussions on any forum because someone gets heated up and takes things to personal, the discussion turns into tying to say the funniest thing, or I don't know what I'm talking about and don't want to embarass myself.
[signature]
You are right, a discussion board, and you have said you don't see anything wrong with the picture. We can't change your mind and you won't change mine. So, let's leave it at that instead of going back and forth. I just don't think it was right, we have big fish here, we've had the Olympics here we have beautiful mountains here. Plenty of our own to put on the cover. We all know that Idaho can hold it's own.
[signature]
Just my 2 cents..
Is it in utahs best intrest to advertise other states lakes...probally not.
Is it the 1st time this has happened to a pic on a proc.. no
Is it the last time...probally not.
Is it a big deal.. Debateable [Tongue]
With out looking can anyone tell me what was on the 05 cover or better yet the o4.
This too will soon be forgotten [Wink]
[signature]
I have yet to see the proclamation,but no matter,It is a marketing tool for Utah fishing. At first glance I thought it was a bad thing to have another states fishery promoted on the cover but because of all the bad publicity it may have stirred a lot of conversation about how good our waters are. Therefore it is actually working better than if there was a wonderful picture of a Strawberry trout(sigh!). Ask any Movie star bad publicity is better than no publicity.
[signature]
We can only hope. I think about out of staters thinking about a season permit MIGHT (and that's a maybe) think about our neighboring state instead.
Truthfully I don't see any long term damage from this other than the DWR getting thier a$$ chewed and read the text that comes with the picture.
Come on, I'm a Utah resident and my Henry's cutt was alot bigger, I even Smiled for the camera LOL.[sly]
[signature]
Flygoddess. I think I'll have to agree with most of what your saying. It should have been a Utah pic. Bottom line is "have a little pride in your own state DWR"

Other than that though, it's good for the fly-fishing sport. True fly fishers (the one's that deserve to have a fly rod) in my experience do a lot of research and time into the betterment of the sport.

I for one am glad you brought it up to help educate.

One last point for those of you getting an aneurism over this issue, this is a public forum and as long as you obey the rules you put in your opinion, discuses or just read. It's called freedom of speech. You can't make me discuses if I don't want to. (Now let’s see who wants to complain again.)

Trent
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[signature]
I am hoping that this will tell people that Idaho has all the fish and we are bone dry here. I like having fishing room to myself.

Let's get the word out. Utah has dried up and all the fish have migrated to Idaho.

Go there.
[signature]
I am with you. Had time to think about it and , let them go to Idaho. But, I do hope the editor of the cover at least got a stern talking to[Wink]
[signature]
They should have put my picture on the cover. I have caught many bigger fish then that dink cutthroat, and I'm much better looking! LOL!!
[signature]
It is a good thing we all own waders,it is starting to get deep!!
[signature]