Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shimano TR200-G
I traded an old reel of mine for one of those Shimano TR200-G's the other day. I was pretty surprised with the quality of the reel considering it's relatively low price tag. I haven't caught any fish on it yet, but I reeled in my little boy with it in the yard and it seemed to have a very stought drag system and a fluent retrieve. Has anyone pushed the buttons on this model reel before? Will it hold up to extreme fishing conditions? (I.E. large saltwater species) The reason I ask is I have a medical condition, it's called:

excesslighttackleobsessivitis

I like to reel in large game fish with an under dawg sized reel and light test line. To me, the true sport in fishing is giving the fish the edge. Light tackle fishing is a dramtic test of angler and equipment. Everything is a factor, your skill in knot tieing, your worksmanship in your rigging, rod/reel/line quality, and sheer whitts and skill on the anglers behalf. Reeling a 5 pound fish in on 20 pound test is easy, reeling a 120 pound fish in on 20 pound test takes skill, patients, and high quality equipment.

Being that fishing season is another 3 months away, i'm interested to hear what I can expect, and how I should treat my new addition. Alot of those smaller reel's drag system's can't hold up. I want to know what it'll take so I don't tear it up. Thanks guys
[signature]