Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thames river norwich
with the ponds being cover with ice and not safe to walk on we went to norwich harbor for stripers.when we got there the tide was going out and just about ebb tide,it started slow untill we found the fish then look out,it wasn't as great as it had been a couple days ago.but you never got bored.i took a friend along that had never fished for stripers on light tackel before,i think he is hooked now!along with the good fishing,and good conversation with other fishermen,we had a seal swimming around and was fishing himself,he must have caught 10 stripers himself and was enjoying them while floating on his back. i brought along some of maniacs baits that i won on the nascar contest.they were the 3"salt sticks.i was useing the watermelon brown/multi flake,and bill was useing the predator.i must say they are tough!we each only used one,and we caught between 30-40 apiece the adverage size of them were between16-23" my largest was 271/2" just short by a 1/2" for the smoker heres bills first striper ever and one of mine

[inline Jan06131.JPG]

[inline Jan06130.JPG]
[signature]
Great pictures, that’s what ya call roadside fishing

I will have to remember to cast a line out the next time I pass though there, riding the orange blossom special. mmmm hobo stew....

Any way what do you guys do when the train passed though?

Today was so nice, It was the first day of sunshine since December 14th, before today we have only had a whole 15 minutes of sunshine since that date. I was almost tempted to grab my spinning stuff tote it in on my hike back in to the woods today. I did stop by the pond and saw the ice was half gone. I might have even caught me a trout today had I given it some serious thought.

I stopped to look at my lake today water ten feet around the edges and a giant donut hole in the middle. Looked like a float tube for two...

[signature]
the train pased by when we got there,they dont go through very fast,we just sit down at the edge while the train passes by.there is plenty of room .i would want to be there if the train was going 60 though. i know we have the same weather as you,looking at the radar maps,what you get comes to us,sent some cold weather so i can get back on the ice, please
[signature]
I hear that, minnasota is getting the same shaft we are.

we have been getting the worm pacific rains. maybe it is time to move to sacatuwan. or at least ask them when the back order of cold weather will be shipped out.
[signature]
lol
[signature]
this past week has been up and down.on wednesday,it took along time to find the fish,ended up landing 10,small.10-15 inches,friday was the best day of the week,the sizes picked up16-20 inches and one guy landed a 38 inch striper,with the modern age with cell phones the word got out,by 9 am there must have been 150-200 fishermen,an easy 20 boats,it looked like a weekend.with the long range forcast for this comming week,it dosen't look good .calling for alot of rain.but i will head down to check it out on tuesday..i could get use to being laidoff,and not stuck fishing weekend.
[signature]