Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The BERRY
we got on the ice at 830 yesterday. wow what a gorgous day!! no wind sunny, and the slush was frozen( most of it anyway) it was awsome. and the fishing was good two..
we fished east of the marina, the farthest group out. i followed the advice of a post a few days ago it said get away from the crowds and thats exactly what i did. the fishing wasnt fast and furious but it was fast enough to keep me exited. there was one time that the fish finder nearly blacked out and we caught 4 fish in as many minutes. all fish were caught on 3-4 glo tubes or pearl, and 3inch pearl curly tails. all tipped with minnows. the biggest fish is the one in the pic with me, not sure the length, but it was big. i let it go because i didnt know how long it was. in total we caught 15 or so, we left at three. i had one break my line and at least a dozen lost at the hole between the two of us.
also maybe someone could tell me how big my fish (top pic) looks to them.
[signature]
That sure is a nice meat-o-saurus! He looks about 24", but it's hard to say, cause I don't know how big the two are holding him up! Strong work, and thanks for the report.
[signature]
Them are some nice fish! How thick is the ice right now? and by chance did you hear or see any geese around?? thanks
[signature]
no didnt see any geese. but the ice was about 11 inches with 3inches of frozen slush.
[signature]
Okay, Utcatman, I'm having a brain f#rt. As you walk down the boatramp, which way is east? Or, better yet, what was your point of access? Did you use pieces of minnow?
I'm up there early, well, early for me, about 7 or 7:30, tomorrow. How was parking and the drive once you leave US-40?
Thanks!!!
[signature]
nice report, and nice fish.
i would say the biggest one looks like about 24 to 26 incher and about 4 to 5 lbs. IMO
the other one 21 or 22 inches and 2 to 3 lbs.
hope to get to the berry on sunday. maybe cce.
thanks for sharing
[signature]
well im gonna be up there tomaroww as well, so look for a brown gmc truck lifted, with about 4 of us or so, if you see me say \hi... east is left of the parking lot when you first pull in, it behind the lodge. peace.
[signature]
Gotcha! Will look for you up that way.
[signature]
Way to go on your trip . With the temps I been reading up there I thought it should freeze up . I might even go for the first time this season . Only problem is all my outfits have 4# test line .
[signature]
Hey Randy, you better upgrade your tackle,perch fisherman don't fair very well at the berry[Smile].

Heading up tomorrow with Kent see all you guys up there.

UCM nice fish, well over the slot!
[signature]
You know the cutts don't scare me with 4# line . It's the bows I worry about . [Wink]
[signature]
yeah... i use 4lb line kinda scary but i get bit more... who is gonna have radios up there tomarow??? what channel are you guys normally on??? i am taking up my little cobra. and would like to see how everyone is doing on the fish around the lake. that was the first time i have ever used minnows ... man they sure make the difference. i actually just set my jig in the hole to adjust my fish finder and when i looked down there was a cuthroat just eyeballing it so i dropped it a foot and he slurped it up. i also got bit when it was sinkin, and i was using a 1/4 ounce head!! that sucker was flyin to the bottom. i couldnt believe it!
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Like I said.. getting away from the crowds is key at the Berry. Nice fish!
[signature]
Did you and a group show up almost at dark and go off the point on Friday and then have to go back for the minnows? I was the one that let the 22 inch cutt go early in the day.
[signature]
icing_perch- That was my group. I should have mentioned BFT, but was pissed off while walking both directions!! Good to meet you either way. Always good to see another BFT'er on the ice.

I too fished the Berry yesterday from 3 pm - 1 a.m. Good ol' night trip to the Berry. I was one pissed off puppy when I realized the minnows were left at the truck. We walked out to the east past every fresh hole and set up "the hilton" in 32 ft of water.

We graphed alot of fish all night, and had action consistent. Between the 3 of us we only landed 10 fish. Easily good have been 20+. One guy with me had never been, the other only a couple of times. It was a blast "coaching" them on using the finder, setting the hook, playing with fish. One guy easily hooked 5+ and all got off. Another fun night in "the Hilton"! [Tongue]
[signature]