Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry Slush Froze
I know this is in a few other posts spread out, but to make it easy here is another thread. As of last night, 1/6, it was froze solid with zero bad spots we could see near the marina. It was 2 degrees at the lake at 2 a.m. when I left the parking lot.
[signature]
Yea!!!!!! Hip hip horray! Fishin4fun has tamed the great and evil slush monsters of the Berry! Great news!
[signature]
Sounds good F4F. Can't wait for tuesday--my next day off. BTW, what other access spots could I try besids the marina? I have 4 wheel drive. Thanks.
[signature]
there is chicken creek east and west, usually plowed
east access to the ice.
[signature]
Mud Creek should be plowed as well as the Chicken Creek areas.
[signature]
oh so glad to hear that the slush factor is taken care of.
[signature]
Anything on the S.C. side?
[signature]
I'm the wrong one to ask on the S.C. side. I haven't even driven over there this year. I'm sure someone on here will post up about it though. Good luck when you go!
[signature]
We went to the ladders today and that's another spot that is plowed and has good access. No slush there either, easy walking. 3 of us landed 16 and had another 4 or 5 that were lost at the hole. I would say it was fair fishing but certainly not one of my better days. We saw most fish in 35 feet or water and they were scattered throughout the column. White or pearl tubes with minnow. We did get a few on a black tube today also. Got to try out my new Marcum lx-3, it's awesome, makes it much more exciting when you see the fish coming at your jig and you're ready for it.
Jeff
[signature]
[cool]Hey Kirt, nice report, but how the heck was the fishin' last night? Sorry I couldn't make it out. I am finally going to chase big slime rockets for my first time this ice season (I know, that's pathetic, but I just couldn't help going after the little tasty fishies-perch, bluegill, etc.)

I plan a full fledged assult on 'da berry this Saturday. So far it's me, myself, and I in on it. Anyone else going to 'da berry on Satruday the 14th?
[signature]
O4T- I posted the report over on one of the reports from yesterday. It was alot of fun. We experimented with a new shelter setup and to say it was the hilton is an understatement. We cooked up dinner out there, stayed until about 2 a.m. and had a good time. Wish you could have made it. Ended up just being me and 2 buddies from work. Spent most of the night trying to get them fish. [Tongue]

I might be able to swing the 14th. I might be looking for an excuse to take out my new sled, looking at the night of the 13th maybe too. All up in the air right now.
[signature]
You can park at the S.C. marina turn off and drive a atv/snowmobile to the marina or the dam turn off and park there and walk to the ice . Parking lot was full at the dam turn off about 9:30am this morning . All I did was drive up there to look . I have no idea what the ice is like but seen atvs on the ice from US 40 . Lots of people out on the ice everywhere .
[signature]
Thanks Hells. I'm heading up that way tuesday or wednesday. I think I've had enough of the marina for a minute, so I wanted to check out some other areas.
[signature]
[cool]Hey f4f I might be game for the 13th instead in the evening. I don't think I could get a kitchen pass for both days though, so let me know which one works best for you, and I'll be there!

Monday is the wife's birthday and we both have it off, so I gotta hang with her that day. If she wasn't prego I'd try to drag her out on the ice that day too, but I don't think that's her idea of the perfect birthday. However, I will make an ice fisherman out of her one of these winters!
[signature]
Last Wed. when bassrods & I were coming back from Pelican, we saw a loader plowing its way in to Chicken Creek west. East Had been plowed.
[signature]
[mad] [font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I wish the SOB's would plow the marina parking lot. It sucks way bad! I was towing a sled trailer with my 4WD Dually and had a tough time getting around even in 4 wheel drive. IFG had to give me a little pull to get out when we were leaving. I rather pay the cash and have good access and parking than put up with that crap![/size][/black][/font] [mad]
[signature]
BLM- They didn't plow it!! Holy Cow, the plow was working the road right next to the marina when we arrived and working towards the lot. We talked to the store and let us park right by it since it was Fri., when we got back to the truck, I couldn't see the main big lot and it was 2 a.m., so I was in one mode: get home. That's just stupid that everything is plowed but that! Also, I think they "kinda" plowed Mud Creek. I noticed a few trucks parked only 1/2 down the road. I agree, rather pay.

However, aren't we paying NOW? Now that it is a government agency plowing, we are paying. Our tax dollars are now at work vs. a private company. With that in mind, we have the right to call and voice our opinion. Who do we call? Is it the Forest Service? Was a new contract officially signed?
[signature]