Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle
I'm thinking about launching at Jordanelle this weekend. Need a Perch dinner really bad. Did anyone catch any big Perch during winter last year? If so, how deep?

I got my new Vexilar FL-18 and it would be nice to use it through the ice. Still waiting for safe ice at Starvation dam.

WalleyeBob
[signature]
Hey Bob, there were a lot of people catching some big perch last winter at Jordanalle, Doug Miller even had a show about it. I think they were having their best luck in the Provo arm of the lake, rock cliff area. I believe they were fishing in 25 to 30ft of water. I haven't heard any reports lately on ice or fishing conditions at Jordanelle but I'm sure someone here has. When we were there a few months ago we were catching a lot of perch north of the launch area, we were close to shore in 10 to 15ft of water but the fish were all small. Some of the guys were catching bigger perch by the old road, where it goes into the water, in 30ft of water. I hope this helps, maybe someone else has some up to day info. WH2
[signature]
Well here's the conditions at Jordanalle, there is no real ice. That is to say in the mornings there is a skiff of ice on some parts of the lake but it has been gone by evening. I will doing doing some floating there this afternoon. I have been observing a lot of top action around the boat ramp for the last week. So I decided to see whats jumpin and bubblin. I'll let ya all now after I get back.
[signature]