Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mud lake Trout?
I was looking on the fish and game website, and it said that cutts have been planted there recently (05) along with many other types of fish over the years. Does anybody know if it gets deeper somewhere? Has anyone this year or last caught anything besides a perch? I am fine with perch, but it would be great if it had other fish in there.
[signature]
There are a lot of chubs!!!!! I have caught about 400 perch up to 13 inches and 9 chubs. I heard of a tiger muskie caught and a couple of cat fish but have not heard of any trout being caught. A few years ago we would catch a few trout from time to time.

If you are looking for fish to eat, it is hard to beat perch in my book.

Bill
[signature]
Just like bsflies said there are chubs in there. The biggest chub that I can remember seeing came out of Mud Lake. There are also a few catfish, tiger muskies, largemouth bass and lahontan cutthroat but none of those are very common. I have a friend that has pulled a few rainbows out of there but that was several years ago. If I remember right the same friend told me about a bluegill or two pulled out of Mud Lake a couple years ago. IMO Mud Lake won't offer much of anything besides perch to us fisherman unless there is a way the F&G can change the habitat in the lake. Every few years Mud Lake winter kills and species like LMB and Catfish can't rebound as fast as the perch.
[signature]