Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pine view report friday 1-10
Fished pinveiw this morning. I wanted to target muskys, and did so for the first half of the day. I used tube jigs but wasnt getting anything. We didnt see any big musky like marks on the finder, and skeeter was having a good old time pulling perch through the hole, so I caved in and put away the long rod. I was surprised to see the over all size of the perch getting bigger. In years past, all the perch I happened into up there were much smaller. Not to say they are monsters, definitley not deer creek size, but on the upswing. Ratfinkees and fireflys worked for me. Skeeter was using some high dollar fancy mans lure I forget the name of it, but he kicked my butt with it. The action wasnt as hot and fast as most perch jerkers would like, but hey thats fishin. No muskys to be found, if they were there, they didnt want what I had. I should have stick with it, but thats hard to do when you have no confidence in your ability to catch a fish given the condtions and situation. Dang old ice fishing for muskys anyways.
[signature]
Glad to hear that you guys had a good time. I always have the same problem. I get tired of waiting for the big bites and settle for a bunch of little ones instead. It helps to have a two pole permit for those situations. I was wondering what areas you guys fished at. I always fish in the wakeless area a quarter mile up from the dam. Along the south side. It's a fast slide down but a tough hike getting up. The fishing is always fast there. Did the ice look safe in that area. Or is the whole lake safe now. I am thinking about going there tomorrow. I want to see the size of those perch. Thanks Wiper24
[signature]
We fished the north side of cemetary point. The only anglers I saw were on the north side, south side cemetary, a few by the pump house, and a few over just south of the marina. There werent any cars parked along the pull outs in the dam area and I didnt see anyone down there on the ice. There was too much fresh snow on top of the ice to get a look so I am not sure of the ice conditions. Its capped, but who knows how thick it is? I took a picture of skeeter on the ice with some of his catch, I wish it was with a digital camera so I could post the pic, but it will just have to wait.
[signature]
FB2 and I are heading up in the morning. I have the same problem as you Pred, no confidence in my ability for muskies. I did stop by Sportsmens Wharehouse and talked to the resident muskie hunter. He claimed 22 catches this year and pictures of several over 40 inches. He gave me a lure that he just made (while I was standing there) and asked me to let him know what happens with it. So I will. Also I upped my line weight to 10# on a second spool for my old Mitchell. I'll post back to morrow unless FB2 insist he wants to make a report.
[signature]
Like Predator said a pretty slow day but the Perch are getting a little bigger. If you are wondering what that fancy mans lure is well its called a Nils master and its just a little jigging spoon that seems to work once in a while. The Ice should be good across the lake by now. But remember if you go out make sure someone bigger than you goes first.[cool]
[signature]
well I will take that as an offering road. My dad did fish for muskies but did not get any. Heck he didnot even catch a perch. I did though. 2 of them

FB2
[signature]