Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey on Sunday need advice
Need some help on what to use at Causey I have some small glow brite ratsos, Foxee Jigs and Ratfinkees and have heard they all work there. Any info to confirm or deny this would be great. Im Aaso curious as to how thick the ice is around the dam. Thanks to all who answer this.
[signature]
YRF,

Me and a couple of buddies fished it last Saturday. We caught 7 in 4 hours fishing the center arm close to the rock wall at the entrance. We fished in 24 ft of water just at the top of a big ledge. 2 of us used green metal flake tube jigs with floresent orange heads and wax worms, we got 5. One guy used a green ice fly with wax and meal worms and got no fish. One guy was useing a green and black tube jig with wax worms and got 2. We seemed to do better than most people. We fished about 30 ft from the rock ledge on the left hand side (as you're looking down the arm) ( I think it's the north side) of the center arm. Trick seemed to be to fish a little shallow. All fish caught were Bows or Splake. Good Luck.
[signature]
I've always had my best luck up there in the middle arm with with ice flies tipped with meal worms or crawlers
[signature]